Gentlemen, this is frightening, and serious

Dave Bailey

Actually this is no laughing matter..What they don't report is its going to be same with all food, not just bacon. Take Beef for example..A very good friend of mine is a beef farmer. He has completely sold his livestock due to a feed shortage! He grew his own hey for many years now. The Army worms took the first cut of hey and the drought took the second cut. Its not just him..Hey went from on average 2 to 3 dollars a bale to upwards of 9 dollars a bale this fall. Some farmers are now trucking large round bales from Quebec for upwards of 90 bucks each! Do yourselves a huge favour and get a freezer full of meat..This time next year, it may not be so cheap..

Actually this is no laughing matter..What they don't report is its going to be same with all food, not just bacon. Take Beef for example..A very good friend of mine is a beef farmer. He has completely sold his livestock due to a feed shortage! He grew his own hey for many years now. The Army worms took the first cut of hey and the drought took the second cut. Its not just him..Hey went from on average 2 to 3 dollars a bale to upwards of 9 dollars a bale this fall. Some farmers are now trucking large round bales from Quebec for upwards of 90 bucks each! Do yourselves a huge favour and get a freezer full of meat..This time next year, it may not be so cheap..

We got a BUTT LOAD of GOOSE in the freezer and more fish then I can possible cook...LOL....and duck season is just around the corner...PLUS deer season in November....no meat shortage here...but we have NO WILD Pigs here.... :wallbash: .... BTW my buddy purchased some bales of hey yesterday to get good in with this "lady" he knows that has goats.....he's expecting a roll in the hey with her...LOL....but I was with him yesterday after goose hunting and he didn't say anything about high prices on hey.

Sooo more people will turn to small scale agriculture and some will hunt and barter with the organic meat they harvested. Wheres the problem? Might have been more inclined to hit the three Turkeys i slowed down for earlier had i read this first. But i digress...

HOG WASH all HOG WASH ... maybe , the artical said United Kingdom , thats where the problem is , then it go's on to say then it will be North Americas turn , i did'nt know we had the same drout this year as the United Kingdom did , as far as i can remember from watching all season ( its my nature because i am a farm boy ) all our crop are in excelent shape this year , and for once the prices being paid for them is decent for a change , next time your driving thru the country take a look at the feilds for your selfs , grain shortage my butt , the soybean and corn have'nt even been harvested yet , you never can tell how many eggs are in the hen house until you counted them all into a basket , same thing ...................... Right .

Edited by Skipper " D "

Big fan of Bacon as well but as far as I'm concerned its always been the dirtiest as compared to chicken and beef . As for the food shortage? Theres still plenty of wildlife to sustain us for a little while. I wonder who'll be adhering to limits once it hits the fan? hehehe.

Actually fat and protein (minus salt and nitrates) are the cornerstones of a good diet.

If people would stop reading that government endorsed food guide, and quit eating grains, there would be lots of food for the piggies.

Food guide = keeping grain and dairy farmers in business.

What grains should we cut out of our diet so the pigs can be fed?

I would like to do my part as much as i can?