Gentlemen, this is frightening, and serious

Dave Bailey

Yep, for bodybuilders, this act is all about nutrient partitioning. Nutrient partitioning in itself, is either anabolic (building) or catabolic (breaking down. For them at least, remaining in positive nutrient partitioning allows for greater growth of protein based tissues (muscle).

Another funny thing (quite disturbing actually) is the relationship people have with what they ingest. Without knowing, they are in effect, taking drugs. Now that might seem totally off base, but really it isn't. Alot of food humans ingest is for the pleasure/reward system ie neurotransmittor response, and not for the original intent, which would be overall health and fuel.

The reasons people might "crave" sugary based foods has little to do with your body telling you it needs said sugars. It's the effect those foods have on an intricate level within one cells, and the effect these foods have on dopamine and serotonin responses. These provoke "drug like " effects within the brain, which is itself is somewhat addictive.

The bodies version of "needing" something doesn't come in the form of "cravings", it comes in the form of cellular shutdowns. An example of this would be hypoglycemia.

More food for thought

North America has never been fatter since the the low-fat craze took hold.

I would suggest sugars and a more sedentary lifestyle are bigger causes for obesity than low fat diets. I won't even get into portion size and control ;) I cut virtually all of my sugar and bam, there goes the belly keg.

I thought natural glucose was good for the brain.. aka unconcentrated apple juice in the morn works like coffee..

The brain uses glycogen to function, and within cells contains healthy fats that must be replenished to operate effectively.

Glycogen is obtained from proteins via glucogenisis. If you introduce a simple sugar artificially, the body adapts and will create glycogen for fuel use. Anything above what is needed will be stored, or converted to other metabolic functions, many of which are not optimal.

Glucose is not an efficient form of creating glycogen (well it is, but it creates unwanted problems)

Comparing coffee and sugar is a whole different beast. Caffeine is a stimulant, glycogen is a form of natural energy.

So, to begin your day, your goal should be to ingest healthy fats for brain function, and lean proteins for energy

Edited by manitoubass2

Glad to know that we have a good population of dietary nutritionists on board.. :blahblah1: ...will keep your comments in mind, for a millisecond, when I enjoy my Saturday morning full English. And again when I enjoy my next roast leg of pork. The Brit's will never run out of bacon, they will default on their mortgage before they give up bacon sandwiches.

BTW Joe, prosciutto rocks...carved thinly, by hand, off the leg....

Your brain can also function quite well (some would argue better) on ketones, which are byproducts of fatty acid metabolism in the liver.

Again, that emphasizes the need for ingestion of healthy fats. They serve many roles in the body, such as protective sheaths around organs, production of steroidal hormones ei cholesterol, testosterone, estrogen, nortestosterone, and they play a huge role in healthy inflamation, which is then again correlated to protein synthesis, nutrient partitioning etc. Also for the brain to function.

Proteins are made up of amino acids. These amino acids are conditioned in the body to "create" what it seems fit, at the time of need. The body needs Glycogen? It makes it with amino acids. Time to sleep/recover/grow??? the body makes serotonin, then it makes melatonin to tell you when to sleep. Got an injury? Healthy fats start the healing process by controlling inflammation in a positive manner, then leucine is introduced to "rebuild" the muscle tissues surrounding the injury.

It's a very complicated, yet efficient and beautiful cellular system.

Corn syrup serves zero function in achieving health/function. It's a damaging cellular compound with no caloric benefit. It does help you eat more though, on the level that when your body isnt getting what it needs calorically, it wants to keep eating. It's the beginning of a deadly path.

Glad to know that we have a good population of dietary nutritionists on board.. :blahblah1: ...will keep your comments in mind, for a millisecond, when I enjoy my Saturday morning full English. And again when I enjoy my next roast leg of pork. The Brit's will never run out of bacon, they will default on their mortgage before they give up bacon sandwiches.

BTW Joe, prosciutto rocks...carved thinly, by hand, off the leg....

Yeah, cause it definitely doesn't help to be informed, lol.

I eat pork quite often, I also drink alcohol, which is just as damaging as an energy source as sugars.

If we ran outta bacon would I be bummed? Yeah, I enjoy eating bacon.

Would I die? nope, not at all.

My ultimate goal in life is to live while I can, as good as I can. I'm pretty sure you have similar goals?

Yeah, cause it definitely doesn't help to be informed, lol.

I eat pork quite often, I also drink alcohol, which is just as damaging as an energy source as sugars.

If we ran outta bacon would I be bummed? Yeah, I enjoy eating bacon.

Would I die? nope, not at all.

My ultimate goal in life is to live while I can, as good as I can. I'm pretty sure you have similar goals?

I guess where I was going with this was that yes, I avoid sugars and most of the other "bad guys", but for the sake of a small amount of nitrates or is it nitrites...... :lol: my weekly bacon fix will go on without too much concern. My grandparents on both sides ate their way through many a pig and many a cow in the course of a year and lived into their 90's. Of course they being country folk didn't eat the processed crap that some of us do today. So, I try to stay away from the processed crap and take my chances on the gene pool...just sayin'

That's no coincidence.

Protein and saturated animal fats are healthy, much to the contrary of what the food guide promotes.

I think we're on the same side here laugh.gif

I'm sure we are bud, just a little protective when it comes to putting pork on my fork...... :thumbsup_anim:

This is the only time a person "should" ingest carbohydrates. But remember, "post workout" doesn't necessarily mean weightlifting. It would include any time after physical load ie cardiovascular type activities, or other physically demanding life events.

Simple sugars are the most effective at replenishing glycogen stores after physical events. Dextrose probably the most effective. Fructose is not very effective for this.

When insulin sensitivity is peak, the body is in prime nutrient storage mode. Its the one time where the only requirements should be lean proteins and simple sugars. The next meal after physical bouts, should again contain lean proteins, but focus on healthy fats, for many complicated reasons, but one simple reason is the prevent spikes in blood sugar, and slow nutrient partitioning to the bodies advantage.

One thing is for certain, humans need healthy fats and healthy proteins to live, and the quality of those proteins and fat are direct contributions to the quality of our lives.

Sugars are not needed, and never were. Glycogen is easily maintained by the body through glucogenisis. Using amino acids found in the ingested proteins, to convert them into usable forms of glycogen

That being said, I do ingest simple sugars after physical load because its my contribution to making my body more efficient in metabolism. Although it is not NEEDED, it does exhibit a positive influence on what I am achieving on a metabolic level

Sinclair has obviously done his homework. Your raising very valid points along the way. Good on you thumbsup_anim.gif

Does this include SEX...because I'm good tat those workouts.... :thumbsup_anim:

I like my bacon rubbery... what ever you do, don't over cook it!

And a huge plus for "homemade bacon, cut thick, medium rare or heck even better, just cut off the block!

HH

Oh NO....my BACOOOON has to be cooked until it's VERY CRISPY....when I order it at a restaurant I hold out the butter knife and tell the waitress it should look just like this if I hold it. STIFF...like you know... :whistling: ...and it has to be thin slice bacon for me to accomplish this... :thumbsup_anim:

A world of difference between ingesting whole foods that are fatty (avocados, nuts) than ingesting foods with added fat (meat with lots of oil on the pan, anything deep fried). Chances are, you will get full before you will get fat eating proper fats. If you're fat, you're eating too much oil or dairy fat somewhere in your diet. You won't get fat eating peanut butter.

Dairy fat is also very fattening to people, found in milk and cheese.

Dairy is much, much more damaging than grains. It's the only thing on the Food Pyramid that is 100% complete propaganda. It's not healthy for you. At all. Even raw, organic dairy from cows that get pampered from birth. Why? Because cow's milk has a very specific purpose on this planet. It's for BABY COWS! If you offered someone a grilled cheese sandwich, and after they ate it, you told them that the cheese was made from your neighbour's wife's breastmilk, they would probably be disgusted. Well at least that's human milk, meant for humans. Now just imagine how disgusting cow's milk is. Cows pumped with drugs and hormones to boot.

Dairy will cause you IBS, crohn's, UC, acne, BO, massive phlegm production, and many ailments that are improperly labeled as "flus" or "colds" are actually your immune system dealing with the toxicity in your body that is caused by ingesting..dairy.

Dairy is in everything, from bread, to candies, chips, coffee, desert, they even put it in sauces, breaded meat products, burgers, you name it. It's everywhere, it's physically addictive and is a drug that most people are addicted to. But big time mafia-like businesses make way too much money every second of the day selling it all over the place. Remember the drink milk love life ads? Propaganda at its finest, and it sure as hell worked. Everyone is convinced they need it and that it's healthy, and their sales went through the roof. It wreaks havoc on your body, because you're not a baby cow.

/rant

I guess where I was going with this was that yes, I avoid sugars and most of the other "bad guys", but for the sake of a small amount of nitrates or is it nitrites...... :lol: my weekly bacon fix will go on without too much concern. My grandparents on both sides ate their way through many a pig and many a cow in the course of a year and lived into their 90's. Of course they being country folk didn't eat the processed crap that some of us do today. So, I try to stay away from the processed crap and take my chances on the gene pool...just sayin'

Sounds good! lol

Does this include SEX...because I'm good tat those workouts.... :thumbsup_anim:

Yes, sex is considered a physical activity, whether your good at it or not, I'd rather not see the evidence! lol

ok ok enough just need to know what kind of beer to drink with my bacon

Blue for me

COLD Beer......... :thumbsup_anim: My favorite is Labatt's Blue Light.

Yes, preferably cold. But I will drink a beer that is hot if I had too. Blue Light is a good beer!

Everything.. everything we eat, has a negative impact in some way, shape, or form. If you want to diet, good for you. If others choose not to, that's their choice too. I still firmly believe the best diet going is the common sense diet, but its alll opinions from people who eat. Nothing more.

And our "core base" diet argument could be disputed with devolution. I mean, there was a time we ate raw animals we killed, and various berries we could gather. That doesn't mean it was the right way for humans to eat.

Then why are we living 60 years longer on average?

60 years is a conservative estimate.

I'd say we're dying longer, not living longer.

A lot of factors in calculating average life expectancy, but I think from a few generations back, our life expectancy is actually on the decrease...

It is true that balance is necessary in eating to maintain health. Emotional health is very important. If your life is a wrecking ball, chances are you won't be able to eat well and keep your health. And today's lifestyles are so stressful, health has been left by the wayside.

Yeah. Also no bombs, guns, world wars, superviruses, and much better air/water quality. So unless every person on the planet died of a broken limb, that makes no sense. Many people live to 60+ having never seen a doctor in their life. Good argument, but i think starvation and malnutrition were the documented main culprits of a short life span back then. I might not have googled a lot of nutrition articles, but i do know ancient history.