What was your Shortest time spent Fishing?

Leecher

Hi everyone,

Been some time since my last report and know I've missed some great reports these past few weeks... I apologize :blush: been busy tackling the todo list at home and not much time for the Internet :wallbash:

The list is getting shorter but not as fast as I would like :rolleyes: Want to ask the community a question and here it is....

What was your shortest time spent fishing for any species of fish on any body of water? From shore or a boat, doesn't matter

The reason I ask this question is that today, something out of this world happen to me while targeting specks... Left unexpectedly since I limit out B) Lets just say that I was at the right place, at the right time, and the pokadots were hungry :P

There was no plan for me to go out fishing today, as the todo list was still in the back of my mind but somehow, found the strength to set it aside and go for it :w00t: In a nutshell... best decision I've ever made :D

Left home late :o and I mean late :o Past 8h30am... got to destination around 10h00am... Gosh darn traffic :wallbash: Once at destination, texted my Mrs and got the rod out and set it up with a slip bobber type rig that I made to target the bottom of the water column B)

What I didn't know was that those pesky pokadots were stack like a cord of wood right in front of where I had setup :)

Went 10 for 10 today (ex. 10 cast 10 specks ) B) Nothing big... 9" to 10" long :) All pan size from a put & take lake in case you ask why I kept them :) All specks were deep hooked and even if I wanted to release them... their survival rate was like 1% chance :o

The frenzie lasted 30 minutes roughly :w00t: one of the shortest time spent on the shoreline for me :D and then had to leave this beautiful place :w00t: Thus the question I ask you?

Some more details...

When I got setup and caught a couple beauties... a car was passing by and seen me with a speck on the end of the line... they made a U turn and got setup not far from me with bobber setup thinking they could catch'em like I was..... NOT ;) weren't catching ZIP :)

After I had caught 5 of them while they were setting up... this guy comes up to me and says (hope this language is OK with the mods) "god dam "mon grand t'en poingne en masse icitte" c'est quoi tu uze pour les poigner :lol: By that time I had 9 caught and I knew it wouldn't take long to get the 10th ;) I explained to him the setup I had and showed him... I also caught my 10th and gave him what I was using to catch them :)

He also ask where I was from and told him from Gatineau... funny thing is this guy works at a local store (Technique Chasse Peche on Maloney Boulevard) and said to drop by with some of the rigs I make (slip bobber type) that he would be happy to sell them :whistling::D

While I was packing up after I had set them up with my rigs... they caught 3 B)

Any hoot, this was one outstanding moment that I will not ever forget and wanted to share.... so enough of the rambling.... here's the group hug (money shot :lol: ) :)

DSC08226.jpg

P.S. You guys ever seen a speckle congregation like this? :lol:

DSC08241.jpg

Hope you enjoy!!!

Sorry for the long winding story...

Tight lines

Trout Junkie

Update - Just made this video... let me know if you like the tune?

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid732.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fww321%2Fleechman1%2FSoftwater%2520Season%25202012%2FTrout%2520Hunting%2520-%2520June%25209%25202012%2FSpeckleHuntJun92012.mp4">

Edited by TroutJunkie

That,s awesome bud.

As for a record time,,,,,,,,One morning, I hit a fav smallie spot. Had 5 fish, for 23 pounds in an hour and a half. If it was a tourny day,I would of been in the money.LOL

FISH HEADS,FISH HEADS,ROLLY ROLLY FISH HEADS.

nice specks. My record .. Went fishing with just some worms for smallies, first cast and my worm gets stripped, okay no big deal I'll throw another one on, apperently that was the last one in the box that i thought had a dozen LOL

Nice pan sized specs :thumbsup_anim: Been a long time since the limit was more than 5 here, think when I was a teen it was something like 15 fish or 1 fish and 10 pounds, but that was long ago when the MNR was the Dept of Lands and Forests :canadian:

I have 2 that come to mind. The first ice fishing Quinte 2 buddy's started drilling 6 holes and when they finished the last hole I had 4 wallys on the ice.

And I caught 9 smallies on 14 cast to win a major 3 day tournament. Good memory's.

This post must have the record amount of smiley faces in it :)

Glad you like my freedom of expression Bill :whistling::lol::)

That,s awesome bud.

As for a record time,,,,,,,,One morning, I hit a fav smallie spot. Had 5 fish, for 23 pounds in an hour and a half. If it was a tourny day,I would of been in the money.LOL

FISH HEADS,FISH HEADS,ROLLY ROLLY FISH HEADS.

Thanks Brian!!! That's pretty cool B)

nice specks. My record .. Went fishing with just some worms for smallies, first cast and my worm gets stripped, okay no big deal I'll throw another one on, apperently that was the last one in the box that i thought had a dozen LOL

Thanks shasta!!! :lol:

I got you all beat, 15 minutes on the islands, tried some plastics fir largies and then the sister wanted to leave.

Too funny RichmondHF :lol:

nice day jacques. Gotta love it when the Karma comes together like that, - all that time doing the honey do list built you up a bifgaccount of goooooood fishin'

Thanks mon ami!!! You bet... I love it :)

What is this lingo?

:dunno: no lingo here :whistling:

the secret ingredients for getting to go fishing on Mother's day with your son and catching some choice fish cool.gif

:thumbsup_anim:

Nice pan sized specs :thumbsup_anim: Been a long time since the limit was more than 5 here, think when I was a teen it was something like 15 fish or 1 fish and 10 pounds, but that was long ago when the MNR was the Dept of Lands and Forests :canadian:

Thanks dave524!!! I like the QC limit better ;):)

I have 2 that come to mind. The first ice fishing Quinte 2 buddy's started drilling 6 holes and when they finished the last hole I had 4 wallys on the ice.

And I caught 9 smallies on 14 cast to win a major 3 day tournament. Good memory's.

Nice Garnet :thumbsup_anim:

That's crazy awesome Jacques!!! Those size specks IMO would make the absolute best eaters too. What a day for ya bud!!!

Thanks Drew!!! The pan was hot when I got back :whistling:;):)

Looks like the perfect day,with fishing like that you still have lots of time to

work on the dreaded honey do list.

It sure was Blue Lk!!! As much as I wanted to accomplish some items on the list today... just wasn't happening :) Frigging happy about it :) There always tomorrow :lol:

Hey Jacques

I have not been on here much but I recognized the man in the pic but not the name. What happened to Leechman?

By the way, I still have "little woodie". Would you like me to send him back to you?

a couple of winters ago a buddy and i fished a laker lake wheres no live bait and it was 8:30am when we drilled our 2 holes. we only used a jigging rod each caught 8 lakers(kept our limit) jumped on the sleds and hopped to the next lake over for specks drilled our 2 holes again no live bait and caught 10specks(kept our limit) and we were packing up at 9:30am and sledded back to his house by 10:15 and we were like so what do we do for the rest of the day.

another time my buddy and i were up at our buddies camp he was cooking breakfast and was like go see if we can catch a speck or 2 for breakfast. 45min later we came back with 10specks and we caught 18 in total. after breakfast we went out and got another 3 specks.

another time right before a bad storm me and 2 buddies caught 55 pike in 4hours we stopped cause there was lots of lightening. the rest of the trip was a write off being in a tent on an island in a wind/rain storm for the next 2 days

My brother was a great bass & pickeral fisherman, but seldom fished for muskies unless he came out with me.

We headed over to Chemong one day and I pulled into a favorite little bay. Ed went to the back of the boat and while I was dropping the troll motor he made his very 1st cast of the day and Bang, he nails a musky.

Well he says, there's not much to catching a musky, what else do you wanna try ?? :lol: :lol:

Not sure of it was the shortest but a few years back I had my daughter out musky fishing we got out I set the lines and she tossed her Tim bits I pulled tge lines and headed in. Well less then a hour. Heck I thought the marina would offer a free launch for another time as we were out there a lot and recommended a lot of people there but they would not. I guess that's one of the reasons it went under and new owners are there now.

2 days ago we pulled out from our island campsite which faced the south, took one cast south, then turned to take a cast north...to see the major storm basically on us already. Turned back around and boated right back 100 feet to the site. So I guess that was around 30 seconds. Got skunked to boot.

Went to a favorite spot on the pine just as the sun broke, walked in to a beautiful looking hole. Lots of overhang.

Took a couple of casts and got follows from under the dead trees (looked promising). Looked to my right and here comes a beaver, I just froze! As he swam by me he slapped his tail so hard it was like a gun going off!

Home time!