ouch $146.9 l for fuel

ecmilley

just filled one tank on the boat for the weekend at a capacity of 136ltrs for the boat filling both tanks is in the neigbourhood of 190 bones when using shell v-power for my 18 ft bass boat this can can get expensive in a hurry how's this gonna impact everyones boating this year, pretty sure i am going to slow it down a bit and try for 4mpg

It's not ... I just filled up for $1.36 (Etobicoke)... not sure where all the media-hype is coming from ... or maybe we just havent seen it yet ... but it seems to me a few years ago we saw a 10 - 15 cent swing almost every Friday ... and while we all complained about it , there were MUCH bigger problems for millions of people (just ask all the folks who's houses were suddenly 'under water' and couldnt get their mortgages renewed).

On a completely different note I really am struggling to understand the rationale of sitting in line for 2 hours (as the media said thousands did the other day) to save $8 or $10 before the big price increase ... I'd think that if the price is going up anyway then its really only a one-time saving on your first tank of gas... and surely everyone's time is worth more than $4 or $5 /hour (that's less than minimum wage)... am I missing something here ?

Edited by camillj

i only run a 30hp yamaha. I dont go very far anymore, lucky to have the lake at the bottom of the yard but its still half a 25l tank to my fave walleye spots....adds up in a hurry. I definitely feel the pinch.

Looking for sponsors....lol

Edited by limeyangler

I figure the marina will be $2 a litre this year... boat will make just as many trips to the pump as it needs to, to fully enjoy the summer! I figure since I didn't get to do so at all last year.. means fuel is really only $1 / litre this year if I average it out! :dunno::D

I figure the marina will be $2 a litre this year... boat will make just as many trips to the pump as it needs to, to fully enjoy the summer! I figure since I didn't get to do so at all last year.. means fuel is really only $1 / litre this year if I average it out! :dunno::D

I love your reasoning. I may need some of your creative thinking this summer when I try to justify the new truck I am going to buy to my wife. Your input could be very useful. The only thing I can think of right now (in a whiny voice) "but I want it, it is so shiny and nice"

On the original subject, It is not going to stop me this year as I have been way to busy with work and a little boy. Work is busy again this year so whenever I get a chance to get out I will no matter how much the bloody gas is.

And it wont cost ya nuffin if ya got's the right second-mate (hint hint :)

only 1 marina here with the good stuff and it's far enough run up the lake not really worth it for me, i have 3 5 gallon gas cans i fill up seeing the shell is just down the road from the shop

I went to put the boat in for the first time this year

it id not run

battery problem

I think my good battery is on my skidoo trailer

oh well it means I burnt no gas, so I can burn twice as much next trip...LOL

Fill up the gas tanks, crank the boat wide open and enjoy your trips on the water boys, we only go this route one time.

I spent too many years working my butt off to worry about saving a few $$$$ in my boat. :thumbsup_anim:

I went to put the boat in for the first time this year

it id not run

battery problem

I think my good battery is on my skidoo trailer

oh well it means I burnt no gas, so I can burn twice as much next trip...LOL

Was wondering what that battery was for!!! I can drop it off to you tomorrow if you want... I'm going to Toronto early afternoon.

Last year I biked to a few of my trout fishing spots...65-85km round trips, it was actually pretty sweet aside from roads with the hills.

A water bottle and a baggy full of assorted nuts & raisins is all you need for fuel :D

But the "moter" isn't. ;)

groceries

fluids

alcohol

shelter

etc...

Ha, yup, I should be more concerned with the price of food than anything. The current and projected price of fuel would deter me from buying a big boat/motor, however.

At least my motor doesn't release toxic fumes... Wait, that's not true either.

its 145.5L for regular and is suppose to go up. I live at the lake 20min out of town and its really starting to hurt driving back and forth , its to town everyday. i use my minn kota for fishing and only use my motor to get places across the lake. i know i wont be going as much things cost to much these days, should have stayed at home with mommy and daddy haha!

It's not ... I just filled up for $1.36 (Etobicoke)... not sure where all the media-hype is coming from ... or maybe we just havent seen it yet ... but it seems to me a few years ago we saw a 10 - 15 cent swing almost every Friday ... and while we all complained about it , there were MUCH bigger problems for millions of people (just ask all the folks who's houses were suddenly 'under water' and couldnt get their mortgages renewed).

On a completely different note I really am struggling to understand the rationale of sitting in line for 2 hours (as the media said thousands did the other day) to save $8 or $10 before the big price increase ... I'd think that if the price is going up anyway then its really only a one-time saving on your first tank of gas... and surely everyone's time is worth more than $4 or $5 /hour (that's less than minimum wage)... am I missing something here ?

Well if you are I am missing it too. I am not going to wait in line to save few cents per litre on a fifty litre fillup.

If someone was handing out free toonies but you had wait in line for half an hour to get one how many people would do it? But when it comes to saving two dollars on gas....

I plan to fish more this year than last year, mind you I only got out a couple of times last year so that shouldn't be hard.

Edited by JohnBacon

Last Wednesday we used $330 worth of fuel on our offshore trip. :w00t:

25 foot center console T-top with a pair of Optimax 150's.

I know I couldn't afford to own that boat and go running around the Gulf of Mexico chasing down fish. :(

imagine the lodge i work at we run 2x 300hp yamahas..from parking lot to lodge and back last summer was 350$ trip..wonder what it will cost this summer :unsure: :unsure: