Couples Resorts? Bancroft to North Bay

Rod Caster

Well, I locked her down! I'm getting married in August to the girl I love smile.gifcool.gif

We've been together for over 2years and we are nearing 30. Although we feel the time is right, time wasn't really a factor, because I would have married her at 19 if I could have.

Here is the hubby-to-be with the bride-to-be.

100_0145.jpg

So I've already asked the big question but the second biggest question hasn't been answered yet. What species are we fishing for on our honeymoon? laugh.gif

As for a honeymoon, does anybody have recommendations for resorts in the following areas? North of Bancroft, Haliburton, along highway 60 area, huntsville, east of Hwy 11 all the way to North Bay and any area with a couple hours of North Bay? It'll be late August.

I've looked at "Couples Resort" in Whitney and it looks great with great reviews...I'll be calling them soon. I'm just looking for other comparitive resorts that offer lake-side lodging for couples.

As always, I appreciate any advice.

Chad

Edited by Rod Caster

WOW Chad that's a great news!!! Congratulations !!! :clapping:

I read some time ago some good reviews about "Couples Resort", still haven't been there...maybe next year with my wife.

Anyway, enjoy your honeymoon and God bless both of you!

Congrats...

I'm in the same boat... Getting married in 2 weeks... And we want to go on an early summer trip as a honeymoon... But having a hard time finding something we will both enjoy... Me fishing...her...I don't remember...I wasn't listening...lol

We are leaning towards a trip to the adarondacks in NY state... Only an hour or 2 away from us... Great fishing...hiking...shops...

Other then that I can't find a place we will both enjoy...

Whole bunch of possibilities listed here: http://www.400eleven.com/getaways-romantic.html#quietbay

I've been to some of the larger places like Red Leaves and Taboo. They are nice and have good food, but are also very big and busy. If you want to golf though, these types of places are great.

Anyway, I thought these two looked nice.

http://www.cedargrove.on.ca/index.htm

http://www.trilliumresort.com/

Can't help you with the resorts Chad, but congrats on the up-coming nuptuals.

Thanks Lewsmile.gif

WOW Chad that's a great news!!! Congratulations !!! clapping.gif

I read some time ago some good reviews about "Couples Resort", still haven't been there...maybe next year with my wife.

Anyway, enjoy your honeymoon and God bless both of you!

It's expensive there...but it's a 5star resort!

Congrats Chad. Can't help on the resort front tho. We usually camp or get a cabin in that area!

Thanks Joeysmile.gif It's a nice area no matter what room you sleep under.

Congrats...

I'm in the same boat... Getting married in 2 weeks... And we want to go on an early summer trip as a honeymoon... But having a hard time finding something we will both enjoy... Me fishing...her...I don't remember...I wasn't listening...lol

We are leaning towards a trip to the adarondacks in NY state... Only an hour or 2 away from us... Great fishing...hiking...shops...

Other then that I can't find a place we will both enjoy...

Don't remember, wasn't listening hahaha.

We wanted to stay close by as well. The wedding is in Bancroft so I figure we'd pick a place that is en route to North Bay.

Good luck and congrats to you too, Mike

I can`t remember the name and I believe it`s on Ox tongue lake.It`s a couples resort.

No screaming kids running around.

Thanks Tybo, I'm looking into Oxtongue right now...

Another one bites the dust...............th_hooked.gif

Just kidding Chad !!! Congrats to you both.Maybe a Walleye cruise with Mike,and me tooclapping.gif . The 3 girls could come shopping in Montreal as we fish.th_secret.gif

Just a thoughtwhistling.gif

C'est romantique dans le bateau a Mike? haha

She REALLY likes the idea of a walleye cruise!laugh.gifsarcasm.gif

Hey buddy, Congratulations for you and your fiance.

Thanks smile.gif

Whole bunch of possibilities listed here: http://www.400eleven...c.html#quietbay

I've been to some of the larger places like Red Leaves and Taboo. They are nice and have good food, but are also very big and busy. If you want to golf though, these types of places are great.

Anyway, I thought these two looked nice.

http://www.cedargrove.on.ca/index.htm

http://www.trilliumresort.com/

Great sites! Thanks, that'll give me some good ideas. I really like SirSam's...so far it's number one on my list.

clapping.gif Congrats bud good.gif

Thankssmile.gif

Another great very smart woman she knows what her prioritys (how ever ya spell it) are.

She loves her alone time so she was looking for a fishing nut noting better as she does not need to worry about you cheating because she will know where you are by the seasons.

Congrats hope you find a great place to spend her honeymoon

You want the Greenwoods cabin at Blue Spruce Resort on Oxtongue Lake. Been going there for I don't know how many years but never stayed at Greenwoods, always booked. Want a hot tub, check. Sauna ? check. It's separate from most of the cottages so it's a bit quieter.

The Haydens are super great folks and run a wonderful place all year. Nice bass fishing in Oxtongue and close to Algonquin Park and Huntsville.

damn, forgot to say congratulations !

Edited by woodenboater

Congrats Chad! Life's just so much more enjoyable with a good women by your side! good.gif

Agreed 100%. Some do, some don't... but I definitly need a better half!

Congrats!! No too sure of resorts down that way...

Thankssmile.gif

Congrat's!

If you're looking for a couples resort, why not try The Couples Resort? whistling.gif

This place is pretty highly regarded:

http://www.couplesresort.ca/index.html

Hehe, it's the first one I looked into, thanks to a google search. It has great ratings and reviews and is the most expensive around; it pretty much stands alone. Horses are nice touch too!

Working with tourism stuff couples is the way to go.I put their ads in our magazine. Taboo and Deerhurst

The new one on the block is JW Marriott on lake Russeau

Congrats

Thanks Ketch, I bookmarked the Deerhurst... you know they have nice facilities after the G8 spending biggrin.gif

Another great very smart woman she knows what her prioritys (how ever ya spell it) are.

She loves her alone time so she was looking for a fishing nut noting better as she does not need to worry about you cheating because she will know where you are by the seasons.

Congrats hope you find a great place to spend her honeymoon

Thanks Mike!smile.gif I like this alot, "she will know where you are by the seasons".

You want the Greenwoods cabin at Blue Spruce Resort on Oxtongue Lake. Been going there for I don't know how many years but never stayed at Greenwoods, always booked. Want a hot tub, check. Sauna ? check. It's separate from most of the cottages so it's a bit quieter.

The Haydens are super great folks and run a wonderful place all year. Nice bass fishing in Oxtongue and close to Algonquin Park and Huntsville.

damn, forgot to say congratulations !

Look at the Greenwoods cabins...$1,855 for a week. Not bad. Its on my short list. Thanks!

Sir Sam's just outside of Haliburton. Lots of lakes around and its a nice spot. We spent our first anniversary there. Plenty of things to do in the area. You can do a horseback riding trip into Algonquin that was a lot of fun, fishing, golfing, nice little shops in Haliburton....... The food and service are fantastic.

Congrats!. We did much the same thing, got married up there (ended up in Bracebridge;- but no honeymoon due to me running my nealy opened own business at the time and - saved that for 20 years and then cruised Alaska.). We Looked in Resorts Ontario and found at least 15 spots up there, sent them emails and then picked based on the responses.

Miss one day on OFC and look what happens!

Chad - who's the guy posing with your GF now Fiancee'? You know - the clean shaven & well dressed one.

Seems to me I had suggested a few months ago that this was imminent!

I wish you all the very best with many years of happiness.

Just one thing - when the little ones are old enough how about letting me teach them how to cast? :w00t:

Michael