Pandemonium On The Ice!!!!!

DRIFTER_016

Wow!!! What a day!!!

Awesome warm temps and light tropical breezes and super fast action!!!!

I left the house at first light and was set up and fishing about an hour later. Before I could get my jigging line set up I had my first hit on my tip up. After resetting I headed into the hut to continue with my jig stick, I didn't get to far, FLAG!!!

I ran back to my tip up second fish. As I was dropping my bait back down I hit another, and another......... It was 45 minutes from the time I dropped my first line before I managed to get my second line in the water. biggrin.gif

After 3 hours I had iced 20 pike and lossed/missed a bunch more!!! good.gifgood.gif

I ended up with about 1/2 dozen over 30" with one over 40".

I was fishing solo again today and man that was a lot of work!!! whistling.gif

I think I need a rum now. wink2.gif

Here's a few pics of the better ones.

P1080009.jpg

P1080013.jpg

P1080011.jpg

That's insane. Getting just one fish like that would be a good day for most guys. A couple like that in a day might be my best day all season.

That's a heckava resource you've got up there...but it seems like you know what you're doing too. Thanks for the report.

Sounds like a lot of fun buddy and a perfect cardio workout to boot.

Now let's see some big lakers!

That's next on the list Mike. ;)

Another great report Dave. You're going to have to start blurring the backgrounds eh?

Yeah Roy, I wouldn't want all you Southerners invading my fishin' spots would I. :D

Another great report Dave. You're going to have to start blurring the backgrounds eh?

Actually he did Roy, he was really fishing out in front of the CN Tower.

Nice work Dave that sounds like a day of fishing any of us "Southeners" would love to have!

Are you waiting for safe ice for lakers, or for the season to open? Cuz I'd like to see summa those too, please :lol:

Neither. Wanted to get the pike fishing done and am waiting for the days to get a little longer as it's a further hike to the laker spots. ;)

There are no seasons here to speak of. The road system laker spots are C&R in September and October and a 1 fish limit the rest of the year. All other spots are open year round with different retention limits for Great Slave compared to the rest of the Territory.