Sail in Oshawa

Stoty

Sorry to hear of your luck. I was in another big box store (won't use the name) over Xmas & i can say that their prices R not always the best. I have been able to get good deals in alot of our smaller tackle shops. I prefer places like Fishing World, Grimsby Tackle, Erie tracker for their friendly, helpful service. No I don't work for them! HA HA

Having a job in retail is a bit like having a job in the manufacturing sector: Out of date and continually on the verge of being temporary.

I recently had a pair of Clarke's Desert Boots shipped to my house for $100, ALL IN!(from Eddie Bauer). The cheapest I found them at the mall was $120 (before taxes, before driving 15 minutes to and from the mall etc.). Ask yourself how many times you have got great deals internet shopping and you begin to see the fate of bricks-and-mortar stores. There will always be some, but I don't think that there is room for redundancy like there used to be.

I feel bad for you Stotty because I know that you are a good man, and you no doubt put an effort into your work for them. But I think that you are a victim of our times and the lesson here is that one needs to look at any job and be aware of how fleeting they can be. Even in teaching I am starting to believe that I may not see full time employment until my retirement (about 15 years to go).

Best of luck to you.

Jim

Edited by Radnine