My buddy made my son's day. NF

ckrb2007

My buddy is the drummer for the heavy metal band MEGADETH and he had a few days off before Halloween so he popped over and made my son's day by rocking out on his drums and signing his cymbols. I know most of you won't be into this type of music but it still was pretty cool. The next day he flew out to LA to play on Jimmy Kimmel.

Jimmy Kimmel Live Video

p1030541d.jpg

p1030542on.jpg

p1030543y.jpg

Edited by ckrb2007

Wow man, that's insane!!!!

Mind if I ask how you met him?

My neighbour of 15yrs is his brother. Actually, my neighbour has 2 brothers, Glen and Shawn that both were in Megadeth. Glen, the guitarist, has since quit the band to be with his family. I've been to MANY concerts and even on their tour bus a few times and met some really cool guys from other bands like Lamb of God, Dream Theater, Symphony X....etc. I have a few pics of us drinkin' in the backyard somewhere. lol. I gotta tell you, Dave Mustaine (the lead singer and founder of Megadeth...and one of the original members of Metallica) is one weird dude! lol

Epic! I knew Shawn was Canadian, but didn't expect this thread to pop up here!

The first, and only time so far, I got to see Megadeth, Shawn and Glen were both in the band (I forget which bassist it was though, they've gone through a few since David left and has now returned). They're one of my favorite bands, my wife's also. They surpassed Metallica in overall quality at least as far back as the Black Album / Countdown to Extinction days.

"ya, i was hanging out with the drummer for Megadeath yesterday. No big deal."

Wish i couldve said that when i was your boys age! Coooool!!!

I wish i could say that NOW!

I gotta tell you, Dave Mustaine (the lead singer and founder of Megadeth...and one of the original members of Metallica) is one weird dude! lol

... Now you know I need details. lol

He seems, at least in recent years, to have gotten his head screwed on straight. And even back when he was on Celebrity Jeopardy, seemed like a pretty smart dude.

So, uh, wanna go fishing sometime? I'm looking for a friend.. Hey! Maybe you could invite along the band... Uhh.. Buddy ol' pal?

man, that is SO COOL! Now you just need to get him fishing and posting here too... :whistling:

lol...He's more of a golfer and he tours a crazy amount...plus, he lives in Atlanta. Hmmmmmm, I hear the bass is pretty darn good down there though!! heehee ROAD TRIP! :)