I finally did it !!!!! NF COOL UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

bucktail

Well after hunting with my bow since I was 15 , I finally managed to get the trophy deer I have been after forever.

I got to my stand in the morning taking super extra time and stealth

I figured this week and next are going to be my only shot at some of the huge bucks I have seen and heard about using my friends farm.

For the last 2 weeks I have only seen 1 deer due to the fact the moon is full and shining and it hasnt been that cold. I have been getting really discourgaed because all the deer have been nocturnal and I see this every day to the stand where they were not the day before.

Tracks.jpg

I started by getting there an extra half hour early and filled my scent bombs with the new Tinks 69x artificail doe in heat. As well as spraying my clothes down with BigCliffs Nok Out ( it is awesome!! )

I hear 2 deer within a 100yards of me in the soybean field, but I was downwind and planned my entry to be against a row of cedars so I wouldnt be seen as easy in the full moon.

Finally in my stand I get set up and its slowly getting light out, as it is JUST light enough to shoot I hear a rustle o my left, coming up the south deer trail towards me.

south_path.jpg

I see he is a large buck with a wide rack but thats all I can distinguish. He is moving pretty quick and he makes a turn to head out the west path.

Red star is where he was standing and Green star is where the scent bomb was placed.

west_path.jpg

He is moving pretty good but puts the brakes on quickly when he smells one of my scent bombs ( green star ). He slowly moves to the scent bomb to smell it ( red star ) this gives me a great broadside shot. I put the 20 yard pin on his chest and squeeze my release.

The arrow hits and soyunds like a 2 x 4 snapping in half, I immediately think I have hit the shoulder blade and doubt creeps into my mind. but instead of running he pancakes straight down. Apparently he spun twards the sound of the bow and the arrow hit him right in the center of the back and severed his spinal cord. Fearing he would get up and run I quickly put another in his chest.

When I walk up to him ther is 0 ground shrinkage, in fact he turns out to be a massive 9 pointer that I guess to be close to 300 pounds!!!!

Milton-20111111-00020.jpg

He has exceptional mass and an inside spread of 23 inches. I guess him to score around 160.

Milton-20111111-00017.jpg

I have never seen this deer and neither has my friend who owns the property. Thank god he got the tractor going and we didn't have to drag him out, as my bad back would have made it a horrendous situation.

IMG-20111111-00076.jpg

I have to give a shout out to Cliff and his Nok-Out scent eliminator, this deer came from straight down wind and didnt pick up my scent at all. Its great stuff.

Nok-Out.jpg

I have called Advanced and think Ill get a shoulder mount done of him. Now to fill my doe tag out! The pressure is off so I will get to enjoy the sights ad sounds better this year knowing I have accomplished a 20 year goal

Darren

****** Cool update!!!!!!!

I went out today to check my game camera since i havnmt done it in a week or so, and guess what I found??????

Its a picture of my deer alive and walking the week before I got him check him out@!!!!!!!!

MDGC0021.JPG

You can really tell how big he was in real life with this picture, I really do think he was 300.

Also on the cam was a pic of a similar butslightly smaller deer that I think is his son and will give me something to watch for next year!

Edited by bucktail

Awesome, glad to see hard work pay off. That left front tine looks wicked and the mass shows well in the shots, can only imagine what it looks like live.

Really nice buck!!

I haven't even bought my deer license this year. My buds finished this week up north with 1 nice buck and I was hoping to egt out to scout around my brothers place by Hamilton but the geese hunters have been a pain and his wife is a bit anti hunting right now.

Edited by Fang

****** Cool update!!!!!!!

I went out today to check my game camera since i havnmt done it in a week or so, and guess what I found??????

Its a picture of my deer alive and walking the week before I got him check him out@!!!!!!!!

MDGC0021.JPG

You can really tell how big he was in real life with this picture, I really do think he was 300.

Also on the cam was a pic of a similar butslightly smaller deer that I think is his son and will give me something to watch for next year!

:worthy: BIG BRUTE :w00t: That's all I have to say :worthy: