Seat Belt Law

skeeter

Not looking down my nose at it at all Smally. Statistics are anything you want to make them. In my case I have more friends dead from wearing their seatbelt than not wearing their seat belt in a serious crash. Doesn't mean it works that way on a national average, but it does in my mind.

As for me.. I wear it land or air. No choice in my new F150, signal lights don't even work if the seat belt dinger is going!

I chuckle to myself when I see a new a Thread put up......and the Poster makes its clear that its N-F

I would say 95% are NON FISHING ..... :whistling:

Paul, are you complaining or just jumping on the bandwagon. If you're just jumping on the bandwagon with a few others, that's your prerogative. If you're complaining, you're not knocking on the right door. Whether you're talking about a current local, national or world issue, or posting about something dear to you such as your family or even posting your wife's wildlife photos, many people enjoy them. If you or anyone for that matter is against these kinds of threads, PM or email myself or any of the moderators and we'll discuss it. In the meantime, the community has been successful and growing for more than a decade. (That's even before you arrived here.) Thanks for reading.

I chuckle to myself when I see a new a Thread put up......and the Poster makes its clear that its N-F

I would say 95% are NON FISHING ..... whistling.gif

General DiscussionTalk about fishing, hunting, the great outdoors or whatever you like in here! Keep it clean!

Because it feels like familly to most of the members,the topics reflect familly like discussions.

"dead from wearing their seat belt"

ridiculous.

Tell that to their families. Burned to death upside down in their belts, trying to get released. Guy not wearing in the back got thrown clear and lived. Like I said statistics can work any way you need them to. My cousin.. upside down in a swamp and car submerged. He got thrown out in the original tumble and woke up about 6 hours later on top of the cat tails, otherwise he probably would have drowned.

..and no, seatbelts don't kill anyone... doing stupid stuff generally leads to it!

Edited by irishfield

well i guess you're right, the millions of people that survive accidents each year were fortunate not to be killed by their seatbelts. probalby just some number cruncher messing with the statistics.

and hello to my new friends, and thanks for the PMs.

Edited by smally21

Well to Wayne's point, it's a calculated risk.

99.999999% of the time I wear my seat belt because the most likely type of accident is a collision / driving off road.

But, I never wear my seatbelt on ice, because I'm more likely to fall into water than to have a collision.

No one wears their seatbelt on the ice.. Floater suits on, windows open, doors unlocked.

I thought that was common knowledge.

If you look at a bell curve, the most common representation of statistics, you will notice that greatest population is in the center. If you look at the 6th or greater sigma that is where the anomalies are located, such as loss of life due to seatbelt use.

So that indicates that a certain person is very special, he has observed anomalies as a greater portion of the population. I would agree with that analysis of these statistics, as the man in question has the respect of many people who know him. Not to mention he has raised one HECK of a tough daughter.

So would this be a bad time to say I am where I am in life today... because when we opened our plastics business back in 1985 the first job I took on was moulding all the components for TRW and their VERY first belt system with a plastic locking mechanism for GMC? :) (and why I live less than one mile from their original Canadian belt facility) I've been in almost every seatbelt and airbag mfg facility in Canada, USA and Mexico to help engineer how they work and how to improve them.

Everyone here has been in a car with seat belt components that I've moulded over the last 26 years. From the belt tongue, with plastic moulded over the steel plate, to that stupid little button that keeps it from sliding down to the floor (24 million of those little buttons a year, in 61 different colours, in their hayday - now they're just sewing on a patch of belt).

Edited by irishfield

So would this be a bad time to say I am where I am in life today... because when we opened our plastics business back in 1985 the first job I took on was moulding all the components for TRW and their VERY first belt system with a plastic locking mechanism for GMC? :) I've been in almost every seatbelt and airbag mfg facility in Canada, USA and Mexico to help engineer how they work and how to improve them.

Everyone here has been in a car with seat belt components that I've moulded over the last 26 years. From the belt tongue, with plastic moulded over the steel plate, to that stupid little button that keeps it from sliding down to the floor (24 million of those little buttons a year in their hayday - now they're just sewing on a patch of belt).

Ha ha. That's awesome Wayne. Your seatbelt credibility just went up a notch or three.

This is what my wife's car looked like after she rolled it on the highway. She was driving and had our teenage grand daughter with her as a passenger. They both were wearing their seatbelts. Both came out with only minor scratches and bruises. I shuttered to think of what the results would have been if either one or both of them hadn't been wearing them. Seatbelts do save lives. Anyone not wearing them is a fool.

6283461762_90660c865d_m.jpg

6282946601_72fc4fd44d_m.jpg

6282947587_9c3d769d64_m.jpg

Edited by Old Man

Ha ha. That's awesome Wayne. Your seatbelt credibility just went up a notch or three.

Well Dan.. maybe that's why I didn't get as seriously involved in the discussion as others... it reminded me to much of WORK ! :D

I did get a PM stating "U make seat belt parts - bull crap"... so I grabbed a random box of retained parts I have in the shop to take some pictures and realized I may just be responsible for the entire progression of the day up to and beyond the accident. I'll get some pics up later today.

And as I stated previously.. yes I wear my seat belt to get us back on track here.. :)

Well Dan.. maybe that's why I didn't get as seriously involved in the discussion as others... it reminded me to much of WORK ! :D

I did get a PM stating "U make seat belt parts - bull crap"... so I grabbed a random box of retained parts I have in the shop to take some pictures and realized I may just be responsible for the entire progression of the day up to and beyond the accident. I'll get some pics up later today.

And as I stated previously.. yes I wear my seat belt to get us back on track here.. :)

Irish I can not believe someone on this forum questioning your Credibility, to all out there this guy is the real thing . He has helped out all and any who have asked his help , if he said he did something its a given that he has /did . Hope you and yours are good , sure you cant talk her into posting the "Rain Dance" lol . You my friend are at the top of the line of people that make this world a great place , I know you dont care what this guy has said BUT you desearve so so much better .

Irish I can not believe someone on this forum questioning your Credibility, to all out there this guy is the real thing . He has helped out all and any who have asked his help , if he said he did something its a given that he has /did . Hope you and yours are good , sure you cant talk her into posting the "Rain Dance" lol . You my friend are at the top of the line of people that make this world a great place , I know you dont care what this guy has said BUT you desearve so so much better .

Amen!

HH

who questioned anyones's credibility? we don't need to start posting resumes here. i questioned your comment about winternet and non fishing posts. a non fishing post that you have made a half dozen posts and written 2 essays in....

Edited by smally21

who questioned anyones's credibility? we don't need to start posting resumes here. i questioned your comment about winternet and non fishing posts. a non fishing post that you have made a half dozen posts and written 2 essays in....

Sorry Wayne, but I have to agree with Smallie on this one.

YOU'RE the one who called this thread Winternet and then you turn around and start posting about building plastic bits for seatbelts.

Kinda hard to figure how this post suddenly turned from being winternet to somehow being about you :dunno: