Towing Capacity - Colorad

zeeter

[ Keep in mind that the listed milage ratings are not realistic. I'm not sure about the cars, but the new trucks do not get 30 mpg as they claim. They are much better than the old ones though. I haven't quite figured out how Ford, GM, Honda and Dodge all have the best milage as the comercials on tv claim.

[ Keep in mind that the listed milage ratings are not realistic. I'm not sure about the cars, but the new trucks do not get 30 mpg as they claim. They are much better than the old ones though. I haven't quite figured out how Ford, GM, Honda and Dodge all have the best milage as the comercials on tv claim.

Sometimes the usa and uk mpg gets confused. The escape gets very close to sticker ratings. Any car that I've seen gets close aside from really stop and go in the city where it drops fast. Not sure on the trucks

I know how to drive the bigger engines..

Just looking for somthing that will do 500k without breaking the bank account?

Weather it be any of the big 3 or maby even import? 500k low matenence is paramount fule economy is second compared to a reliable truck.

I would like to hear what works and what doesnt.

Thanks guys.

SD

Edited by saltydawg

I have a colorado and if I had a choice I would get a full size with a small 8cyl to get more power and room with the same gas milege....The brake system is a nightmare and big bucks to repair and the factory Aluminum wheels are crap but otherwise it's a good looking truck...

I was considering getting a Colorado last summer, but ended up getting a Silverado instead. The fuel consumption is a bit more with the Silverado, but with all the incentives they were offering, they were almost the same price. After test driving the Silverado, I didn't even bother to look at the Colorado. Ended up getting one for 26.5 OTR

My son is on his second Colorado and he is happy with it.

A 4 cyl. Ford escape does not even have a tow capacity listed,when my wife was shopping last winter for a vehicle I asked the sales guy about this and he said it is not reccomended that you tow with the 4 cyl. so you might want to check about possible warranty issues if you plan to tow a couple of thousand pounds.

go full size,more room, they work less harder and just keep your foot out of them, my 03 sierra Z-71 gets roughly 650km per tank, city /highway mixed, but no shortage of space or power when i need it, i pull a 21ft bassboat no problem and the 4x4 is bliss when you need it, maintance has been low, most full size trucks have good towing power, it just boils down to preference, with mine it rode better than anything on the market at the time.

I'm with the Toyota guys. I drive an '07 Fj Cruiser which is the Tacoma chassis with the FJ styling. I tow my dads princecraft 176 around without any problem. I was "lucky" enough to have the wife get into a head on collision and write-off the Durango Hemi so I could get the FJ. (don't worry, she escaped without a scratch and it wasn't her fault) lol.

I've never been happier with any vehicle I've owned or driven. Such a solid truck with enough power to do anything I want. I'm even thinking about getting another one for the wife so I can modify our existing one.

Edited by ckrb2007