Towing Capacity - Colorad

zeeter

Still working on it, you'd think after about 25 years they could get something right. Then again, "looks" only get you somewhere if you're wearing a skirt while walking over the grills above the subway tunnel.

who can

remember the first deisel GM built ?

350 olds engine converted that couldn't get out of its own way never mind every one elses way. Another GM disaster that led to the 6.5 disaster. Fortunately Isuzu lent them a hand or they'd still making clouds of soot and not going anywhere fast or reliable.

350 olds engine converted that couldn't get out of its own way never mind every one elses way. Another GM disaster that led to the 6.5 disaster. Fortunately Isuzu lent them a hand or they'd still making clouds of soot and not going anywhere fast or reliable.

Just a sec... The 6.5 was based on the 6.2 which was actually made by Detroit Diesel. Nothing to do with the Olds engine.. GMc should have stuck with the 6.2.. The 6.5 was a horrible POS, lol.

I havent heard any one mention Nissan?

They look like a go anywhere kind of truck?

Personaly I like the ride of a Z71 suspension .4x4 is prety much a must with all my tools driving every day to Toronto and north of hwy 9 and further north or east on weekends in the winter pulling a sled and all the stuff plus my tools usualy.

Or would a 4x4 diesle van be a reasonable option?

Any comments pros & cons much appriciated.

Don.

I havent heard any one mention Nissan?

They look like a go anywhere kind of truck?

Personaly I like the ride of a Z71 suspension .4x4 is prety much a must with all my tools driving every day to Toronto and north of hwy 9 and further north or east on weekends in the winter pulling a sled and all the stuff plus my tools usualy.

Or would a 4x4 diesle van be a reasonable option?

Any comments pros & cons much appriciated.

Don.

I got to drive 2010 Nissan over the same roads that I drive my 2010 GMC.after a 4 hour drive I was SHOCKED at the LOUSY gas mileage of the nissan and the fact that I had to slow down for some real curves an the highway that I always sail right on thru with my GMC. They owner of the Nissan hates it so much that his has parked it until his lease in up next Jan.

vance

Its best to stick with things that have proven them selves and those are the one's that have been around for the longest genrealy . The imports that came to this country thirty and fourty years a go are still trying to do just that except for two or three models , if your old enough you know which one's they are . The other thing you must be wise to are the screw ups that have come along over the years that are still here trying to be perfected with still no success , But what do i know .

i own a 2wd with the 2.9 auto and it replaced a 4.3 sonoma.

i am towing a 18 alaskan with aluminum floor , 50 honda and 50ltr tank. i dont know what it weighs but it is probably close to yours. you do not have to tow in third like the old sonomas as long as the trany is not hunting. with my boat that means i can tow at 100kph cruise except on hills, towing my sled i can do 115kph.

the truck will take 5 ltrs more fuel then a sonoma but has far better fuel economy then the 4.3 when towing at 100kph. not towing the truck smokes the 4.3 for fuel economy. the truck will drive 584km on 53 ltrs. that was doing 115kph manitoulin to parry sound 130kph from there to 9 highway then stop and go on the 400hwy.

it does not have the nuts the 4.3 did. you are not going to stomp on it and pass someone like you could with the 4.3.

i own a 2wd with the 2.9 auto and it replaced a 4.3 sonoma.

i am towing a 18 alaskan with aluminum floor , 50 honda and 50ltr tank. i dont know what it weighs but it is probably close to yours. you do not have to tow in third like the old sonomas as long as the trany is not hunting. with my boat that means i can tow at 100kph cruise except on hills, towing my sled i can do 115kph.

the truck will take 5 ltrs more fuel then a sonoma but has far better fuel economy then the 4.3 when towing at 100kph. not towing the truck smokes the 4.3 for fuel economy. the truck will drive 584km on 53 ltrs. that was doing 115kph manitoulin to parry sound 130kph from there to 9 highway then stop and go on the 400hwy.

it does not have the nuts the 4.3 did. you are not going to stomp on it and pass someone like you could with the 4.3.

Are you talking about the Ford Escape or the Colorado? Thanks.