12 feet of Lakair musky

lew

Hi guys, I've been up at Lakair on the West Arm of Nippissing with my wife and daughter for the past 2 weeks and just got home yesterday.

I haven't posted a fishing report in about 3 years so figured I was due for one :lol:

The weather was excellent and so was the pike & musky fishing.

I don't fish for pike myself but the ladies were sure having fun with them and caught plenty although most of them were small with a few being in the 24 inch range.

Here's the Misses between hits

026.jpg

It's un-believable how aggressive those little slimers can be and they'll hit just about anything that passes their nose including very large double 12 bucks.

022.jpg

My daughter Sheri taking a well deserved break from a day on the water

001-Copy.jpg

The reason I spend 2-3 weeks on the West Arm every year though is the musky fishing. Their tough to locate sometimes but when their on, their REALLY on and this year was excellent !!

There was a full moon a week ago and the sunset and moon rise times were pretty close and the fish were very active in the evenings for a couple days either side of it.

I boated 3 gooduns, lost another large fish about 20' out and had a 50" class follow me right to the boat on a figure 8 but then spooked and wouldn't return.

1st fish was a 48 incher

061.jpg

2nd fish was another 48

024.jpg

And the 3rd was a nice hefty 50 incher.

029.jpg

We always enjoy our time on the West Arm and have already booked a couple weeks at Lakair again next August.

Our cabin this year

035.jpg

And the view from the deck alot of evenings

043.jpg

For what it's worth....

All 5 muskies were encountered in the evenings near sunset.

All 5 muskies were encountered in open water far away from any rocks.

All 5 muskies were encountered during a brisk EASTERLY wind. Don't ever let anyone tell you fish don't bite when the wind is from the east.

All 5 muskies were within 1/4 mile of each other.

All 5 muskies were caught in 7-8 FOW in heavy cabbage patches.

All 5 muskies were caught with a very large black spinnerbait with double orange blades.

The 4 fish I hooked all hit the bait within the 1st couple seconds of the bait hitting the water.

The 50 incher sliced a hole in my hand that made me bleed enuff to make the deck of my boat look like a war zone.....but it was worth every drop :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by lew