Lac Seul Update

trapshooter

With a day off the water here I decided it was time to get caught up with everyone on the OFC. First, I can't believe how fast the season has flown by. Summer is going to quickly become fall in NW Ontario. I already have a tree in my yard that is turning yellow and dropping leaves.

Anyhow, fishing has been great this summer. Lots and lots of walleye, some big pike and big muskie as well. Didn't put a lot of effort into bass or lake trout this summer but still got a few nice ones.

I'll let the pictures do most of the talking rather then blabbing on and on. Here's a sample of some of the nicer fish from this season.

WALLEYE

P6060887.JPG

P6060890.JPG

P6180918.JPG

P7030942.JPG

P6130903.JPG

P7080947.JPG

My wife with a nice one that she caught.

P8051036.JPG

P7080945.JPG

MUSKIE - it has been a great season for catching muskie on Lac Seul. Lots of action, some near misses and some great fish in the net. This is what I live for!!

Why not start it off with a bang! This fish was on the 3rd day of the season and was the 3rd muskie in my boat. It ate a Jimmy on the 1st spot of the day, 10 casts in. Biggest I've guided yet this year @ 53.5"

P6200931.JPG

A real Lac Seul fatty!

Another chunk for my buddy Dave... just a hair under 50"

P7080951.JPG

Love this release shot too.

P7080956.JPG

New PB for me this summer @ 51-inches. Definitely helped ease the pain of losing one about the same size earlier that day!

DSC_0224.JPG

DSC_0233.JPG

Some more muskies....

P6300935.JPG

P7150962.JPG

P7200974.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

P7170965.JPG

This is a 52-incher that ate a top-water bait at dusk. I'd been chasing this fish for a couple weeks!

P7240982.JPG

These next 3 were all caught in one evening.

P7260992.JPG

P7260995.JPG

P7260999.JPG

Another one for Brett from Thorne Bros. We have good luck together!

P7281010.JPG

These next fish were part of a 4 fish day. Could have been 5 fish but I lost a big one. Talk about a game of highs and lows! The 2 mid-forty's fish I got helped ease the pain though. They've been hitting good lately in the first hour after the sun goes down.

P8111050.JPG

P8111053.JPG

P8111058.JPG

Thought this was a muskie.... but I'll take a 41" pike any day of the week!

P8111041.JPG

Here's a couple lake trout we jigged up on Big Vermilion lake. Definitely fun for a change!

IMG_8206.jpg

IMG_0248.JPG

They don't run very big on that lake but when you can catch fifty lakers in the 3-6# range in a day it's all good fun.

Looking forward to heading up to Richter Lake with some OFNers Sept 3-10 on the Eddie North trip. That's going to be here before we know it!! After that back to chasing muskie until freeze up. Yes... it's an ADDICTION!! haha.

Cheers and good fishing everyone,

ben

Some really awesome fish there Ben. Always nice to see a post from you. I've driven past that lake way too many times. As recent as last Wednesday in fact. One of these days I'm going to pull over and have a closer look.

Some really awesome fish there Ben. Always nice to see a post from you. I've driven past that lake way too many times. As recent as last Wednesday in fact. One of these days I'm going to pull over and have a closer look.

Let me know if you're coming through Sioux Lookout Dan and we can try to line something up.