Dangerous boat operator in Rice Lake.

Steelcat

I just came back from bass season trip, and immediately wanted to share this with you all.

Hopefully no one will EVER do this again to another boater.

The following photo was taken very shortly after the boat zipped by our boat in full speed.

P1010635a.jpg

We had our boat anchored and were fishing in the same location for at least 30 minutes.

The boat above finished their drift and decided to put their boat into full speed, went pass us within a boat length.

Right before they closed in, I yelled at them, telling them to be careful. Just like jerks around the world, they all turned their heads away from us.

The white line in the following photo was the path of that "wonderful" boater.

P1010637a.jpg

They went by so fast and close that the wake that boat made combine with the normal wave action almost flooded our boat.

Please don't be a jerk our in the lake. You can kill someone...

I run into that ALL the time drifting my run on the Trent..Id say 2 or 3 times a day..I just gave up yelling at them. I just use the eletric to turn into the wake rather then take it into the side of the boat. some A holes have no clue that is a dumb arsed thing to do. Im not even kidding on how many times this happens to me out there..

That happen to my bro and I one time on GBay, along time ago. We pulled anchor real fast and followed them. Once they docked and ran like chickenstuffs,we got out disconnected the fuel line and cut the connector off.Funny how they didnt come running back.Dipstuffs

No need for that stuff at all out there.

Im glad the filter worked. :whistling::jerry::sarcasm:

Edited by Misfish

Its unfortunate,that this happened but throwing a line at them with a dangerous hook could result in the loss of someones eye.Don't stoop to their level.

This happened to me more than once .Once A 32 foot cruiser almost flipped my boat.I pulled up anchor and caught up to the idiot who would not stop or make eye contact with me.

At a boat show one year I spoke to the QPP police they said if it ever happens again just try and obtain the licence number on the side of the boat and they will be fined.

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate lack of respect from the scum bags..

MTP

We had an experience yesterday with an ignorant tourney pro on Buckhorn.

We were drifting between two islands when one boat was coming up behind us, as they slowed to pass, another bass boat came flying around the point of the island at full speed headed right for us. I was seconds from jumping from my boat. He came off plane no more than 10 yards off my bow and then had the balls to give us crap for fishing in that spot, don't really know what that was all about. We told him to slow down and watch where he was going and he took again in a huff. :asshat:

It goes both ways.

It's real common to see anchored boats in the boat channel and even tied to marker buoys. And most boats create less wake at speed than stopping.

Nobody's right just a little respect.

We were at least a mile from the nearest channel marker and if the guy hadn't stopped, he would have T-boned us. I don't think he saw us at all until the last second...

Its unfortunate,that this happened but throwing a line at them with a dangerous hook could result in the loss of someones eye.Don't stoop to their level.

And that eye, or other body part, might belong to an innocent passenger. The operator is the only one who is assuredly guilty, nobody else.

I hope that guy eats a bad tuna sandwich and craps in his pants in front of his family.

Speaking as someone who suffers from IBS and has come close to that a few times, and therefore can well imagine the shame and embarrassment, I say YEAH!

:thumbsup_anim:

As a retired tournament pro I couldn't tell you how many times people have fished my location just because of the boat/seeing fish caught maybe knowing my boat.

Same thing a little respect. Nobody should drive within meters at speed

I always slow to idle if they have small scary looking boats, you park in a channel with a good size boat you will learn a lesson.

Seen the same thing at the Perch Fest in Orillia, Put it was a Big OPP Boat going full tilt right through a bunch of small Tinnys with family's fishing. He came by later checking and I gave him a peace of my mind. He should know better. The Cop's stupid answer was it's a channel,People shouldn't anchor there. So I said, so it's OK to kill some poor kid just because you have the right of way. OH man was I mad!!! This derby is only for a few weeks brings big money to Orillia. Have a little sense. It's hard enough to get kids out fishing.

OH threads like this gets my blood boiling.

Big boats, fast boats, Operator Cards, and KNOW Brains.

"Roy" can I borrow your candlestick ? :whistling::D

Edited by Fish Farmer

With apologies to 'normal sane boaters', I compare this to the 'Toronto crazies'..

I seldom hit the lakes at this time of the year, but definately compare it to some of the folks I meet on streams in the fall. No consideration or care for the rest of the folks on the pool, or hole. It's all about wanting to fish where 'they want'.

They have been thinking about catching fish for the last couple of weeks, and don't give a crap for anybody else.

Compare it to the creep who cuts you off on the 401, so he can get a couple of car lengths ahead of you, when all the rest are creeping forward, and just wanting to get home.

You see them all the time!

Edited by floatman55