Chevy Trailblazer aka...piece of Crap!

muskymatt

I have a 2005 Trailblazer, with 4x4 and have never in my life owned such a piece of complete total garbage.

It has cost me over $10k in the last 18 months and now my A/C is kaput and also my 4x4 transfer case is broken.

I have maintained this truck well since I got it in 2006, and now on top of the amount I paid for it, and the over $10k I have already put out(not even including the warranty work of over $7200)< now I could possibly be hit for another $4000.

Has anyone else had issues like this, I'm not sure I can afford to keep it, and it's paid off....

wallbash.gifwallbash.gif

People...stay away from Chevy Trailblazers...they suck you dry.....complete total garbage product.....be forwarned

mad.gif

Sorry for your grief. :( I actually went to a lot a few months ago with serious intentions on buying a low mileage 2006 Trailblazer, They had sold it the day before and ended up with cutesy Jeep Liberty, that at least makes my feel a bit better about the outcome that day :o Crossing my fingers on the

Libby B)

I have the "Cousin" vehicle to the Trailblazer the GMC Envoy and I really enjoy it. Powerful engine, 4x4, nice ride, nice features, not too many problems, the only con is that the Envoy isnt the greatest on gas, but for 275 horsepower I'll accept that loss.

Sorry to hear your bad luck....sounds a lot like my experience's with GM and Ford....had over 15 brand new vehicles over the years (never a new Dodge, Chrysler or Plymouth, but several used ones)....always within the first 24 months issues began....Ford was usually pretty good with warranty service (not perfect) but GM was BRUTAL....In 2007 I decided to purchase another new truck but this time I did a lot of online research and decided to go with a Toyota Tundra....I have had it 4 YEARS now and it's only been back to the dealer for a front driver's side tire sensor that FIRESTONE broke putting on new tires back in October '10.... I do my own oil changes and lube the drive train, plus rotate my own tires....other then that NOTHING...best VEHICLE I have ever owned.....since then I purchased my wife a Honda Civic two years ago...it also has not been to the dealer except for a FREE (my favorite 4 letter work) oil change....

But I do keep hearing Detroit has gotten better with quality and dependability since I purchased my Tundra....but that ship has sailed for me....I am sold on my Toyota Tundra....BTW it's made here in the USA.

Bob

Toyota Trucks are made in Texas...I have a Chev Colorado and I wouldn't recommend it just because of the brake design that most shops don't want to deal with....a cheap shop will probably be $1000 just for rotors and pads...

Worst vehicle my family evere owned was a 1992 Cherolet Lemona (aka Lumina). It was a peice of crap. Everything from the factory paint fading to a dull yellow (was white of the lot) to multiple drive train issues, engine issues and oh ya the AC was crap.

I love my Ford. Yes it has flaws but the dealership is good and fixes it as needed.

Edited by Nipfisher

Never had a Trailblazer, but a freind did....ya lots of problems.

But outside of that i've only ever owned Chev's and not had a complaint.

Mind you I've only every had a Chevette, Cavalier, and now a Silverado.

No issues, but yes I have heard many terrible things about the Trailblazer.

I've got a 2000 Envoy and blew the lower intake gasket last fall...

it's been pretty solid except for some minor issues...

if you've put 10K into it in the 18 months, i'd start reading internet forums and start fixing stuff yourself...

the "stealership" wanted $1800 for the lower intake and head gaskets to be done...

i spent under $1500 and changed the following

Lower intake gasket

head gasket

and every other gasket/oring that came in the kit

new water pump

new thermostat

new radiator

a few oil changes

2 coolant flush, got rid of the "deathcool" (orange) and put in the green stuff

new michelin tires

tire alignment

new ball joints

new tie rods

new tie rod ends

new idler arm

new pitman arm

new sleeves

it starts getting expensive when you need to fix stuff at the dealer...

learn to do stuff yourself and save lots of $$$$$

I love my Envoy