I'm not complaining.....but

lew

.....I sure did pick the wrong day to work outside in the sun all afternoon digging a new vegetable garden. It's sorta like working inside a pizza oven with that blazing hot sun beating down. :lol:

The thermometer outside the window right now reads 35C and I'm lovin every minute of it.

It's been a long, cool, wet spring so far so it sure is great to finally see some nice summer like weather. :thumbsup_anim:

ur not complaining, I am... got out from work... got in to the car, guess what?? my AC is not workin, I was drivin the car to the mechanic like Im frying myself in my own fat!... terrible weather.. but if I was doing fishing today, I wouldnt complain... why do we have to work, why cant God make us equal!... so we can do whatever we want...

Im finish ranting.... :P

Edited by bfisher

The farm types need 4 more hot dry days like today before they can hope to work a field. My pepper patch is still submerged and I have 200 plants raring to go. Mind you the garlic is growing at a phenomenal rate.

ur not complaining, I am... got out from work... got in to the car, guess what?? my AC is not workin, I was drivin the car to the mechanic like Im frying myself in my own fat!... terrible weather.. but if I was doing fishing today, I wouldnt complain... why do we have to work, why cant God make us equal!... so we can do whatever we want...

Im finish ranting.... :P

If He made us "equal", we would be living like 90% of the world... dirt poor. ;)

I like spring and fall. My red skin hates this sun and heat. I am built for a cool climate.

x2 on the cood climate, +10 to +25 are my ideal operating temperatures in the summer. +30 is just as bad as -30 imo.

Near the beach, the view is getting better though...;), well in some cases, :o

For those of you who are already complaining about the FIRST hot day of the year, here's a little reminder of what's only about 6 months down the road laugh.gif

Cnv0835.jpg

I'll take today over the above any day, anytime. Shovel or cut grass - there's a poll for ya.

My vote - grass, followed by an ale on the porch rolleyes.gif Penguins can have the snow.

After three brisk walks for food today.. Mount Sinai to various places on Young St and back... I'll take -30C any day just like Dan !! Pretty sure I need a shower right now.. but don't have the energy! :w00t:

MIND YOU... the scenery was MUCH MUCH better today than it would be on a -30 day, so maybe I'll change my position!!

Edited by irishfield

The farm types need 4 more hot dry days like today before they can hope to work a field. My pepper patch is still submerged and I have 200 plants raring to go. Mind you the garlic is growing at a phenomenal rate.

A strange spring here too, the second wettest on record, and living in farm country here it is weird to see the farmers fields haven`t been plowed of planted yet. My yard has basically been like walking on a wet sponge all spring, former farm field.

With the flooding along the Mississippi river here in the states they are saying some farm fields may not dry out in time to plant crops this year.

A strange spring here too, the second wettest on record, and living in farm country here it is weird to see the farmers fields haven`t been plowed of planted yet. My yard has basically been like walking on a wet sponge all spring, former farm field.

With the flooding along the Mississippi river here in the states they are saying some farm fields may not dry out in time to plant crops this year.

I am just north of Barrie and the hay bines were out yesterday making the first cut of hay for the season. The fields were being worked in April and planted in early May just before the rains. The corn is up about 4 inches and should grow about a foot with the coming sunshine. Even the beans are poking their nose from the ground. I have not stopped cutting grass for the entire month but am looking forward to actually cutting dry grass.

Cool Smoke, any wandering I did when I was up in Ontario was never far from the water, so sandy soil. I remember one camp owners garden, it looked pretty anemic to me compared to here.

Heck it started raining here as soon as the snow melted and never seemed to stop for more than a day. :clapping: we are on a roll now though! 3 days and only 5 minutes of rain!

Usually fields of corn and soybeans all over my area, and planted by now, not this year, yet?

It was a warm one that's for sure. I was out last night doing the front brake pads on the van getting ready to tow the boat on Friday. I was sweating like crazy. Mind you, I didn't care too much. Felt good to be nice and toasty hot all over. Hopefully my vegetable garden has dried up just enough so I can finish my planting. The wife wants me to make a couple of planter boxes up at the trailer so she can do some planting up there too. And I need to get the boat ready for the water.......