My good friend Ben

Squid

Yesterday was a very melancholy day in the Rajewski household. Our dear friend/brother Ben was laid to rest after 15 glorious years of friendship and laughter that was evident to the very end. He touched hundreds of people’s lives during his time with us and he was by far the best dog (friend) that we ever owned. Kind, gentle and calm to a fault. I recall when Ben was 3 a woman approached us and stated that Ben was very well behaved and calm for a 8 yr old dog. She was shocked when we informed her that he was only 3 years old. His greatest passion was chilling out. More of a speed bump than a dog. He guarded our family with ferocity if there was a stranger at the door so he was no push over, unless you threw him a rib bone.

Rest in peace Ben, chase those squirrels in dog heaven and have lots of fun with your friends that passed before you.

Ben1.JPG

ben4.JPG

Very sorry to hear the news Pete.

I know Ben's been feeling rough for awile now and you said yourself it was only a matter of time, although that doesn't make it any easier.

He was a great friend to you and your family for along time and your gonna have lotsa fond memories for many years.

Condolances from myself, Diane, Sheri and Marvin.

Very sorry to hear that Pete. Ben will obviously be very missed.

Paul and I are also grieving the death of our beloved cat Felix. He was no regular cat (more like a dog) and he passed 3 weeks ago after 18 years. I am astonished how much I miss the little guy. Our hearts were broken as I'm sure yours is right now.

So I feel for ya bud, going through the same feeling right now :(

Joey

Pete,

You certainly have my deepest sympathies. I know all too well how it feels to loose such a good old friend. I can certainly see it in his eyes in the second picture on the right. That one is a window into his soul. You can just tell he was a special one.

So sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. He looks like a wonderful dog!

Three score and ten are given to man,

But ours is a much briefer span.

So, though I give you all my heart,

The time will come when we must part.

But all around you, you will see,

Creatures that speak to you of me;

A tired horse, a hunted thing,

A sparrow with a broken wing ...

Pity - and help (I know you will)

And somehow, I will be with you still;

And I shall know, although I'm gone,

The love I gave you lingers on.

--- (Author unknown) ---

So sorry to hear of your loss Pete. We lost "our" Ben just over a year ago now and i still think of my buddy every day.

We recently gave a second chance to a pup who brings new joy to our lives.......