Conservative Majority

congratulation to Stephen Harper and the conservative party I look forward too some stabilty in the house for a change!!!

And while I do not agree with most of the NDP`s platform I must say bravo to Jack Layton for decimating the Bloc heads in Quebec.

I would also like to wish the visiting professor a long and healthy retirement!!! :clapping:

Until Michael is replaced as leader he will always be behind NDP. He scares many in my friends and my family's. I don't debate but the Liberals deserve a leader, find one!

I suspect he'll be replaced by Justin Trudeau in short time.

I suspect he'll be replaced by Justin Trudeau in short time.

I just hope he does not run on the same premise as his father. Not saying Pierre did nothing good, but the Liberal's need a leader, not a younger P. Trudeau. I hope the generations that are coming into the working world now choose a government of substance.

/Rant

I love election time :rolleyes:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

it's not who i voted for but at least it's over with!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Seriously? You didn't vote Conservative? I am surprised. I figured you bled blue.

:lol::lol:

what can i say, i'm a lefty! at least the LG registry will be gone!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

BQ Dead... Liberals on the ropes and may even vanish. I am so happy to see a left versus right pollitical front. In canad we have had extreme left extreme right and a sit on the fence party. The reality in a two party system both left adn right will move closer to the center, and will hopefully give us a better middle ground and stable future.

I am glad the Bloc is squashed.

A Harper majority scares the hell out of me.

I would agree with that.

No solid leaders in the future and one arrogant prick leading our country.?

Does any body remember MULLROONY/MULLWHOEY/MULLSCREWY????

OH OH TAKE IT OUT IT HURTS.

BQ Dead... Liberals on the ropes and may even vanish. I am so happy to see a left versus right pollitical front. In canad we have had extreme left extreme right and a sit on the fence party. The reality in a two party system both left adn right will move closer to the center, and will hopefully give us a better middle ground and stable future.

I wouldn't be so quick to predict the end of the Liberal party. There was a lot of dislike for Ignatief and a lot of people didn't like the fact that someone who have been out of the country for 30+ years was leading the party. I predict that with a new leader they will easily beat the NDP and maybe the conservatives too. I think these results are one shot deal for the NDP.

It scares the hell out f me, how many seats the NDP got, I might have to leave the country if they ever get power...get out of the country before the money and jobs leave....

oh and good bye long gun registry...we will see

Consider what happened (and got caught doing) while in a minority.

Is it a Chinese curse thats goes something like: May you live in interesting times.

Yes this will be interesting in the times ahead. Liberals need a real leader they lost this on their own.

The NDP results scare me too Terry, but as already mentioned, they kicked the Bloc out of Quebec.

That was a huge step towards stability. The Bloc no longer have party status and don't qualify for funding.

The Conservative win was no surprise, but whether or not they got the majority was the question.

The opposition parties forced an unnecessary election, spent hundreds of millions of dollars (our money) and in the end,

2 of the 3 were punished severely by the voters by giving the Conservatives a majority and NDP official opposition status.

I love it !!!..........well, all except the money spent on the election.