I want to adopt a son.

Big Cliff

OK, here is the deal. I already have a son (and a daughter) and I love them both dearly but they both live several hours drive from me and I don't get to see them very often.

I love to fish but I am starting to find it hard to get out there and drill holes and maintain the boat and everything by myself so....

I am looking for someone in the Lindsay area that likes to fish, wouldn't mind helping out around here a bit, maintaining the boat, putting in the docks, drilling some holes, whatever! I am not looking for someone to do all the work, just help out, I'm getting old but I ain't dead yet LOL.

In return I can offer the use of a boat, quad, portable fishing hut, auger, all sorts of electronics, well you name it, I probably have it LOL.

Interested?

Merry Christmas Cliff,

I am sure you will get lots of volunteers. If I was only 10 hours closer you would not be able to get me out of your back pocket.If it helps I adopted a 65 year old first mate 2 years ago for the big boat he has earned his own set of keys best move I ever made.

Art

You know what , Big Cliff?

You just stumbled upon something GREAT!!

You should join "Big Brothers" not kidding... I'm sure that some

teen out there is looking for the opportunity that you have to offer.

Even if you know of a single Mom.. that may have a son that needs guidance or leadership... you would be just the guy..

I'm a part of "Big Brothers" every Sunday my "Big Brother" picks me up and we do fun stuff. ;)

But seriously, you may want to consider it.

If you do.. GOOD ON YOU!!

Randy

:santa:

Well I'm not in the Lindsay area but if you ever need a hand or just want to go fishing, just shoot me a PM Cliff. Big brothers sounds like a good idea. If Brian moves in, the deer will be safe.:whistling::santa:

And to think I called you FRIEND. :jerry::santa:

You can't sit in mine but if you want to come and help me build a couple you can hunt with me!

If you have a room for an over night stay Cliff,im in.

Hey Cliff ... Any time you need a hand or a second mate for the walleye slayer .. just send me a email and I'm there ... I think the last time you emailed I was about 500 yards from ya .. and came home with a 9.9 Seahorse :)

Merry Christmas !!!! And all the best for 2011 !

Like I keep telling you Cliff...all you have to do is PM me or call...I can be there is 60-70 minutes...IF YOU NEED HELP DOING ANYTHING. However I can probably be there in 30-40 minutes...if fishing is involved :whistling:

For all the times you have helped me with things, I'd be more then happy to return a few favors. Also I think Debbe and Sue need to paint a few more wine glasses for next year :thumbsup_anim:

Debbe and I are both planless on the 27th/28th. Anything need done or any fish need caught then. Happy Holiday's to you and Sue.

You know what , Big Cliff?

You just stumbled upon something GREAT!!

You should join "Big Brothers" not kidding... I'm sure that some

teen out there is looking for the opportunity that you have to offer.

Even if you know of a single Mom.. that may have a son that needs guidance or leadership... you would be just the guy..

I'm a part of "Big Brothers" every Sunday my "Big Brother" picks me up and we do fun stuff. ;)

But seriously, you may want to consider it.

If you do.. GOOD ON YOU!!

Randy

:santa:

I second and third and fourth that MOTION! I agree with Randy, I cannot think of a better candidate for that type of volunteer position!

return a few favors.

If Cliff ever collected on the favours owed him, he would not have to do another lick of work in his life! However that is not why one does favours, it should never be a scorekeeping activity. It should be done because you want to. Not sayin that's why you have offered. I know better than that.

Edited by HTHM

Hi Cliff,

I showed your post to my 22 yr old son Sean. He is a first year student @ Fleming College in Lindsay. He is an avid (borderline extreme) fisherman and is very interested in exploring your offer (he's not too keen with hanging out with 17/18 yr olds during his downtime/ weekends). He is a very responsible young man. I also showed the post to my wife and her only concern was that 'Big Cliff' is not your previous prison handle (just kidding, sort of). All kidding aside, please feel free to check out my profile and send me a pm if you're interested in pursuing this further.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Kind regards,

Simon

I second and third and fourth that MOTION! I agree with Randy, I cannot think of a better candidate for that type of volunteer position!

If Cliff ever collected on the favours owed him, he would not have to do another lick of work in his life! However that is not why one does favours, it should never be a scorekeeping activity. It should be done because you want to. Not sayin that's why you have offered. I know better than that.

My words exactly! Im sure Albert can vouch for me!

Big cliff if Im in the area I will lend a hand. May cost you some fishing time.

If you have a dog, my girls will keep the pooch occupied.

Im not sure when i will be up there exactly, but I will let you know in advance!

Hi Cliff,

I showed your post to my 22 yr old son Sean. He is a first year student @ Fleming College in Lindsay. He is an avid (borderline extreme) fisherman and is very interested in exploring your offer (he's not too keen with hanging out with 17/18 yr olds during his downtime/ weekends). He is a very responsible young man. I also showed the post to my wife and her only concern was that 'Big Cliff' is not your previous prison handle (just kidding, sort of). All kidding aside, please feel free to check out my profile and send me a pm if you're interested in pursuing this further.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Kind regards,

Simon

Hey Simon...tell your wife to relax and not to worry...Big Cliff and I were cellmates for a number of years...He even received the "Convict of the Month Award" three times...

Sorry I can't fill the bill Cliff...LOL

Edited by Beans

Simon, just read Cliff's sig, LOL! He's a big old softy. I would love to spend more time talking and helping him out. I'm sure your son and Cliff would get along VERY well. I think a quick trip out on the ice real soon is in order for the 3 of you...

:clapping: You guys are just too much! I know that if I NEED a hand with anything a gang of you would be here in a heart beat like when I needed a hand with my docks a few years ago, 16 people showed up on a cold windy day and bingo, the docks were done.

I am thinking of this as more of an opportunity for a younger person to have a place they can come to, hang out, help out, and get a chance to do some fishing/hunting/whatever.

Simon; I can appreciate your consern.

I have never been in jail, I've never even been arrested, heck I haven't even had a parking ticket in more than 30 years LOL.

I like to fish and hunt, I've spent most of my life out doors and more than anything I enjoy helping people.

If you and your son (and your wife) would like to come for a visit we'd love to have your company. Give me a call 705-328-0577.

OH and CPH I think the girls have been planning something. I know I am tied up the 27, 28, and 29, my son and daughter-in-law are coming down but after that, I am free for the whole winter.