Help plz Nf

xrap

We got a phone call today saying we won a 42" plazma and trip. We asked how we won it he said a couple weeks back my sister took a survey about something and her name was entered into a draw. He told us a confirmation code and a claim number and gave us a address to pick it up. I didn't really beilieve it so i searched thier number on google and got this site. Is this a scam or what. The distance to drive is one hour away from here so it wouldn't be worth driving for nothing. Anyone any help?

http://www.canadianuniversal.com/companyinfo_where.html

my guess is you go go inside the building and someone will tell you to wait over there till you are called....

they will make you sit through a long seminar, on time shares or property in Florida or something like that....

It could be a scam but it's probably a marketing scheme.

As long as you don't hand over personal information or have to pay anything it could be worth your time to check it out.

Terry is likely right... you may have to sit through a sales pitch for something.

-Brian

It appears to be a members club for travel and products. They will likely try to get you to buy an expensive membership, after you sit through a lengthy presentation. Leave your credit and debit cards at home so that you don't fall for the PRESSURED sales pitch and make sure they pay up with the prize as promised at the end.

Sometimes it's a method for bringing in criminals. They show up for their free Plasma and get bracelets instead. In my neighborhood they were lured in with hopes of picking up a free laptop computer. At least one arrest was a case of having the wrong person.

got a phone call like that except for a trip....did only part of a survey online and cancelled out of it....a day later get a call for a week stay at universal studios..blah blah blah...sit in an info thing....they said it was worth $2000 and I could have it for $349 for 4 people but had to pay over the phone right htere...ya right! Do what the one person on here said leave personal crap at home!

Sometimes it's a method for bringing in criminals. They show up for their free Plasma and get bracelets instead. In my neighborhood they were lured in with hopes of picking up a free laptop computer. At least one arrest was a case of having the wrong person.

I saw that on TV. They nailed a whole whack of people who had outstanding warrants. Slick move if you ask me.

Basic economics demands that they get something of greater value than the product they are giving away. Since they already got the survey information without promising you an entry into a contest why would they give you a TV and TRIP for something they already have? I don't know what the hook is but it is their I personally would go so I could report to OFC what I found out but only go realizing that the TV and Trip are very unlikly to be free.

Art

They're free if you buy the time share unit Art ! LOL

I'm first hand to this sheeeet with a Brother-in-law that's one of the sleeze balls that sell such things...and as matter of fact I may even like him a little bit come next fall... as they are being moved to the Dominican Republic to live and sell units on the North Shore there... Free accoms and cheapflights.com here we come LOL..

Edited by irishfield

Someones gonna catch a fish. And your gonna be the fish.LOL

I can't beleive posters telling you to go, no wonder these scam artists will never go away.

What's the old saying, if it sounds to good to be true, well never mind.

Happy fishing.

I would go with Chevy 4X4 and Slowpoke. Make sure they wear sunglasses and a suit.

:clapping:

and whenever they ask you a question..nod to Chevy and Slowpoke to answer for you :D

Me?...I'd rather borrow Meely's Uncle Vinnie (The Chin) and Guido to cover my back...

BTW...do any here receive air mail letters from Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, and The Netherlands asking to confirm name and address and to send $40 or $50 along with reply on the off chance you may have won a sweepstake or entitled to a share of $millions from estates???

Next ones are going back to the post office as I've got enough paper ahead for fire starter...

Exactly, if it was a real prize you have won, they can ship it to you.

SCAM

Also heads up to people filling out Draw prize cards at shows, this is a simple way for companies to mine personal information from people for free. They turn around and sell your contact information to the highest bidders, then you get phone calls like "You've won a Plasma!" lol

Never give out your phone number or address information at any retail outlet either.

Be smart people. That information is very valuable to companies looking to mass market their wares...

Tony