Daughter hit a deer

lew

My daughter spent the weekend up here with us and then left this morning about 6:00 AM to head to the city. She'd only been gone 20 minutes and was approaching Bridgenorth when a deer came outta nowhere and she nailed it head on.

Sheri wasn't hurt at all but sadly the deer was killed instantly and her car received some serious damage.

The OPP came and took the info and moved the deer to the side of the road, then Sheri came back up here to relax a bit before heading out again and I took a couple pics of the car.

The hood & fender are totalled, the headlite smashed and the windshield cracked right across, plus the wipers are also bent and whatever else I can't see.

She called the insurance and their gonna pay for everything with no penalty to her, 'cept for her deductible.

Cnv0544.jpg

Cnv0543.jpg

Sorry to hear this Lew...Good that she was not injured...we have had close calls with deer ourselves...just one of those things living the good life in the country...seen any bears yet ???

Thanks guys, as you say the most important thing is Sheri wasn't injured cause it can always be worse that it is.

Nope she didn't keep the meat and I doubt it would be much good after being hit at 80K although I believe it's legal to do so.

Brian, that was the 1st thing I thought of after receiving the phone call, was it one of "my own" criiters that had wandered down there ?? :lol:

And Norm, nope, haven't seen any bear yet myself here, but there's been reports of them all over the area the last couple years.

she is ok and that is the only thing that matters.

theres millions of cars out there but only 1 of her.

and i give her 2 thumbs up for not swerving to try and miss the dear.

being a truck driver for over 27 years the first thing you learn is NOT

to swerve to miss any animal, you can lock up the brakes but DONT swerve.

many people swerve as an instinct reaction but that is how you end up in a ditch, flip your car

or hit something else like a tree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~` :thumbsup_anim: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very pleased that your daughter is OK.I put "Deer Whistles" on my pick-up & GF's car about 5 yrs ago.I got to say,I'm a believer in these inexpensive devises.

We live in NWO,lots of deer & moose.My GF drives about 130 kms 1 way to Sioux Lookout 4 work & that Hwy has lots of deer & moose as well as bear.

Since I put on the whistles we have had very few close calls.B4 we had lots.

You still see the animals but they seem to know you are coming.