Smokin and Fishin?

MSBruno

Fish love the smoking. Not that i smoke cigarettes.... However twice once while cleaning walleye out west when i was a kid we found two cigarette butts in a walleye, and i think it was two years ago i found one cigarette but in a perches stomach. Kinda strange finding that one but twice. Maybe i should start using cigarettes as bait? :huh:

Nothing better than a having cigar while out on the water

Smoking is fun while fishing until you bring your smoke within close range of your line ..... Re tie

I laughed when I read your post Muskybugged, I've had to pull in a fair bit of line by hand after melting it....

a bongholder? i envision some hippy laying on a river bank napping with his fishing line tied to his pinky toe and worm on a red/white bobber in the river!

What's so strange about that. I've been known to need long naps :rolleyes: under the shade of a big willow with line tied to my finger. Great way to mellow out.

What's so strange about that. I've been known to need long naps :rolleyes: under the shade of a big willow with line tied to my finger. Great way to mellow out.

Take a trip and never leave the farm!

Tie that sting to your toe Bubba, they're more sensitive yanno! :P

Things got fuzzy and things got blurry... then everything was gone!

.. just wandering around behind the little animals! B)

Well we me and douG had the winning weight for the great Crayola Invitational, I was smoking up a storm and the music was cranked REALLY loud so we kinda shattered two myths at once...we were in a tin boat too. doug does not smoke and I caught more than him trolling outta the same boat, so I would call the myth busted for sure.

Not necessarily so with everybody Bob, I smoked for 30 years and have now been off them for close to 20 years, and I won't allow anybody to smoke in my boat, truck or especially my home. It's got nothing to do with laying crap all over anyone and my sense of pride for kicking those filthy things is for me alone and as for withdrawal, quitting never bothered me so I'm certainly not ugly about it.

The plain and simple truth is that now, the stench from 2nd had smoke makes me want to puke so I'd just as soon not be around anyone who does smoke. I've certainly got nothing against smokers and have NEVER suggested anybody should quit, I'd just prefer you don't do it in or on anything I own.

So to answer the original question as to whether smoking affects your fishing success, I guess the answer would be that yes, in MY boat your success would be VERY poor :lol:

Ditto here Lew.

I smoked for well over 20 years and now am smoke free for 8 years, I used to have cravings for about 2 years after I quit but Now the smell makes me want to puke, so no smoking in my house or vehicle. That has Nothing to do with sense of pride or being a reformed smoker.

I didn't have the heart to tell my buddies about not smoking in my boat BUT I think that is going to change in 2010.

Well we me and douG had the winning weight for the great Crayola Invitational...I remember that!!!... it was back in nineteen hundred and seventy three eh?

I was smoking up a storm and the music was cranked REALLY loud so we kinda shattered two myths at once...we were in a tin boat too. doug does not smoke and I caught more than him trolling outta the same boat, so I would call the myth busted for sure.

... as I remember the story being told back then, douG claimed he was just getting "sloppy seconds"! :rolleyes:

Thankfully I was never a professional smoker, I would have the odd smoke here and there socially but I never had a craving for a cigarette. Cigars are another matter, those I buy and enjoy occasionally.

Like Lew, nobody smokes in my house and I mean nobody. As for the boat, I haven't had any smokers aboard yet but if something gets burned, it gets bought.

Come on people, get it right... they are called "fish whistles"! The only thing that works faster at attracting a fish, is to start eating some food... the fish know, they really do!

And Bob, I agree with you 100%! No bashin from me!

HH

Agreed. I've thrown away a few smokes on slow days. Every time you light that smoke BAM :P

I realise there are reformed smokers out there who are not rude or nasty to folks who smoke. I had an uncle who used to ask me to blow a little smoke his way when we had coffee together. That was 10 to 15 years after he quit. My mother quit for many years but she still put ashtrays out for visitors who smoked. I'll guarantee, though, that anytime a smoker runs into snide nasty comments or pushy proselytising, it WILL be coming from a reformed smoker. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind about that.

Nothing better than a having cigar while out on the water

I laughed when I read your post Muskybugged, I've had to pull in a fair bit of line by hand after melting it....

Been there done that but didnt realize until my float, line, leader, and roe bag were out of sight!