Best use of duct tape ever..

danc

Here's the story as I received it.

During a private "fly-in" fishing excursion in the Alaskan wilderness, the chartered pilot and fishermen left a cooler and bait in the plane. And a bear smelled it.. This is what he did to the plane.

SafeRedirect.jpg

SafeRedirect2.jpg

SafeRedirect3.jpg

SafeRedirect4.jpg

The pilot used his radio and had another pilot bring him 2 new tires, 3 cases of duct tape, and a supply of sheet plastic. He patched the plane together, and FLEW IT HOME!

SafeRedirect5.jpg

SafeRedirect6.jpg

I heard that the pilots name was Wayne. Some dude from Ontario. :whistling:

I beleive steve smith from the red green show had a contest a few years back with duck tape.I think someone from the hammer won it.That plane would of topped it and won for sure.As for using it on the better half ITS NOT STRONG ENOUGH.esp when I say IM GOING FISHING.

I have seen that before but never posted it.

One day years back, probably 1984ish, I was down in Oshkosh Wisconsin for the annual Experimental Aircraft Association show with my dad and a good friend of his. Tired of the tent breakfasts after 4 days, we took the shuttle to the terminal lounge. While eating breakfast, we noticed an F-14/16??(could have the model wrong now) parked outside. We finished breakfast and walked out to it to look it over while waiting for the shuttle to return. We gave it a good look over. I climbed up to the cockpit and there was a roll of duct tape on the dashboard. Shortly after that, the air force pilot came along, we introduced ourselves and said we hope you didn't mind us taking a closer look at your ride. He was all smiles and said, no problem, can I answer any questions? Immediately I asked him what the duct tape was for, and he replied, "everything, when I inspect my aircraft after landing, and find a small issue, I just tape it up, so that it does not become a larger issue until I can get it properly serviced". We laughed about that. Unfortunately no pictures, I left my SLR locked up in the truck by our tent :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

We sure could not have done that in today's world now.

I beleive steve smith from the red green show had a contest a few years back with duck tape.I think someone from the hammer won it.That plane would of topped it and won for sure.As for using it on the better half ITS NOT STRONG ENOUGH.esp when I say IM GOING FISHING.

3M used to sponsor a design school fashion show where the couture was all crafted from duct tape supplied by the company.