Arm Help ( warning graphic)

bucktail

Hey guys and gals.

Wondering if anyone out there had broken there wrtsist and arm at the same time.

After a slip down the stairs of my deck I managed a massive concusssion and broke my wrist and forearm.

Had surgery to plate up both the wrist and arm.

It has been 3.5 weeks now and I have full motion in my fingers but I still cant use my thumb at all, when I try to move it it hurts like hell in my forearm.

Question is , is it possible one OFC the dozen screws is stuckin my thumb tendon?

BTW its my right hand of course , this post tokk 20 minutes to type!!

med_gallery_221_42_62664.jpg

darren

:whistling: mind your manners going forward WSB

just kiddin buck

field work but- it is what it is--what the heck did yah do to your self?

do not need to know--REALLY

have a Doctor look at it maybe--soon

Girls dig Scars--only the ones--- we talk about

Trust you will be fully functional in 6 months

Heal Fast

Happy New Year ALL

Holy FrankenArm Batman!!!!!!! once it heals i would seek a tattoo artist to duplicate it the way it looks now...

if the feeling in the thumb doesnt come back you can always carry a print out copy of " :thumbsup_anim:" as a substitute unless you use your thumb for nostril cleaning :wallbash:

Good luck with the healing :stretcher:

I did the same thing a few years back Snowboarding, i shatterd my wrist in three places, snaped my radius and fractured my ulna, and fractured my humerus.. was not very fun! i had 3 pins put in my wrist and was out of commision for 3 weeks before the doctors had to re-break it!! i still cringe when i think about it! and then had to deal with a full arm cast for another 6 weeks, then a forarm cast for another 2!!

Edited by pikeie

give it some time... they wouldnt get a screw in the tendon as that would be a big mistake on their end, and u would be in a far greater amount of pain as that wouldnt be somethin u would sit around with. eberything is connected. and ur thumb is connected to the wrist and the fore arm, it will take longer for u to get pain free movement in ur thumb then ur fingers. if ur really that worried about it, go see ur doc. but really, it just needs more time to heal.

OK the group of us misfits on here have now declared you the winner!

(I will no longer complain about my torn tendons in my shoulder).

Ouch buddy... about your thumb, best to find out from the MD, like it was recommended in the posts above.

Cheers, Ron....

I'm no doc but I've been sitting here flexing my thumb and fingers and feeling where the tension is in my forearm. The thumb pulls way off to the side while the fingers pull straight up the inside. I'm thinking that if the major trauma was in the area of the thumb muscles (or whatever) then what you're getting is just the effect of the swelling, the body making it's own immobilizing cast.

When I tore my achilles tendon some years ago the doc told me it would bother me for a year, and it was almost exactly a year to the day before I realized I no longer has any kind of discomfort there. I doubt any of this has any relevance in your case but I suppose it might. Hopefully you're just experiencing something like that and after the healing is done all will be well.

JF

what you're getting is just the effect of the swelling, the body making it's own immobilizing cast.

I've been the unfortunate recipient of a few broken bones in my life, and would concur this statement....

I lost motion of toes, after a broken ankle injury for about 5 weeks, and it was exsactly this cause.

Your Dr. will be able to confirm this when you head in for your follow up though.

Its entirely possible there is tendon damage neededing repair as well, but they won't touch that until the Bones are taken care of usualy.

Good luck and take it easy.