Arm Help ( warning graphic)

bucktail

Nice staple job. Did you do that yourself?

I have seen lots of broken arms and wrists in my line of work and you need to wait for a while to heal. Usually they don't want you to move your fingers too much.

Since it has been 3-4 weeks your probably looking at some major physiotherapy to get your fingers moving properly again. It may take a while, if ever to regain full motion. Remember that some people who break their legs that badly still have a limp after long term recovery. At least your still walking on the grass instead of fertilizing it.

You will have to join Ron on the OFC injured reserve list.

Of course one sympton of the major concussion is that maybe your thumb never worked right in the first place. :blink:

Better ask a friend.

Work on using the remote control with your left hand, it might be a long winter.

Take care.

Bucktail,

Meant to mention this earlier in the thread but my toy poodle just when through the same ordeal. Sam my Lab was playing with him outside when I heard a yelp...The poodle comes running in the back door with his left front leg dangling.....Anyhow, send him off to Guelph animal hospital for a rebuild on the leg which consisted of a couple steel plates and 8 weeks in a cast and he was a good as new. My wife Carol does look a little concerned in this pic.

You'll be fine brother !!!

22222190-1.jpg

Ouch!I can tell you this,I had surgery for a trigger finger release and had numbness and pain in the fingers next to the one that had the surgery.Any inflamation where the tendons go thru sleeves in your wrist and fingers will press on nerves and cause pain and numbness.Go see a doctor,there are ways to help this along.

Joe

I broke my wrist a few years back while snowboarding. It was a compound fracture, and both bones where completely broken, really close to my wrist. I also managed to crush my Median nerve. I couldn’t feel my fingers for weeks, and when then odd bit of feeling came back, it was excruciating. Nerve damage can cause some intense sensations.

If you’re concerned, then go see a doctor. I saw my orthopedic surgeon every two weeks when I was in my cast. So there was never a period of time for me to get worried, as I was always being looked at by doctors. There is a very slight chance they screwed up, by not likely.