Ford Super Duty

fishinfool

555 pulse timer.. 12v to 5 volt regulator.. 10 turn potentiometer and a $3.95 R/C servo off ebay... and a little case to put the parts in.

Hope your buddy wins out on this one Stan!! Like I said.. he's being accused of fraudalent activity or malicious damage.. tell them to call a cop.

555 pulse timer.. 12v to 5 volt regulator.. 10 turn potentiometer and a $3.95 R/C servo off ebay... and a little case to put the parts in.

Hope your buddy wins out on this one Stan!! Like I said.. he's being accused of fraudalent activity or malicious damage.. tell them to call a cop.

it's a civil matter now..how would the police help?

He is pursuing the issue with Lou, the owner of the dealership.

Apparently the dealership is siding with him but Ford H/O engineering is suggesting foul play, saying that the

truck ingested something external through the intake or filter area which took out the turbo.

The funny thing is that the mechanic told him the secondary turbo blades or impeller are trashed but there is only a small nick in the primary or first blades or impeller. My question would be, how could anything have gotten by the first without destroying them?

Whether it happened at the stealership or it was done by him is the question right now.

I would have to agree with the few comments that suggested "prove it" or ante up and do the right thing!

He also told me that the plow has no relevance in his claim due to the truck being a Super Duty.

I will let you know what happens when I hear.

He is pursuing the issue with Lou, the owner of the dealership.

Apparently the dealership is siding with him but Ford H/O engineering is suggesting foul play, saying that the

truck ingested something external through the intake or filter area which took out the turbo.

The funny thing is that the mechanic told him the secondary turbo blades or impeller are trashed but there is only a small nick in the primary or first blades or impeller. My question would be, how could anything have gotten by the first without destroying them?

Whether it happened at the stealership or it was done by him is the question right now.

I would have to agree with the few comments that suggested "prove it" or ante up and do the right thing!

He also told me that the plow has no relevance in his claim due to the truck being a Super Duty.

I will let you know what happens when I hear.

Im gonna do a refresher and look at my notes.Ibeleive there is a bearing between both impellers.I wounder if the bearing went and kapluieee.Possibly starving from oil.2.2ltr turbo chryslers had this problem.

Most common failures of turbos.

To much pressure,Blowing out seals.

Not enough oil,poor pump,low oil,clogged filter,low viscosities.

You would be very hard struck to get warranty out of me.

Once I seen their was turbo damage.

This seams to be bearing failure. Hence internal damage to the inner turbine.

Regardless of the plow, this is supposed to be a truck more than capable of pushing a plow.

And we all know the plow isn't the cause of the failure.

Was the plow on the truck when it was brought in for the original engine noise complaint?

Something just doesn't seem to fit right here. Are we getting the whole story from both sides?

What about maintainence records? And proper engine oils used?

Edited by Bernie

I happen to be a ex-ford tech with 18 years in it, when a turbo does detonate, there is usually noise from the dual stage turbo. As the blades start to go, it throws the balance of the turbo out. If the pieces make it into the engine the damage is un-believable and you can usually make out the turbo pieces in the engine only upon dissassembly. I would recommend your friend asks the dealer principle to ask the D.O.M (dealer operations manager ) for the district to come in to discuss the problem. If that does not go far then go to arbitration which involves both sides and a government abitrator. Check on line and you will find a great deal of information regarding the problems of the 6.0 L and 6.4 L engines, try Fordforum.com. Good luck.

I just bought a brand new 2010 F-150 XTR crewcab and pick it up on Wednesday, but guess I better not attach a plow to it eh ?? :lol:

Possibly a tad off topic but, Congrats Lew...I have had 5 new F150's and now a new Tundra...my next truck will be an F150

70 000 bucks for 70 000 kms....huh....seems about right for a Ford...luckily Diesel is cheaper than gas so he saved himself a few bucks..

Ford did it to a friend of mine ...Chev did it to me ....which in turn was enough for me to be a Ram Fan Forever more

Make sure he does not roll over on this one!! He had already taken the truck in because it was making noise. That will be on the warranty record of the truck. If they continue to give static, have him contact a lawyer, a nasty letter goes a long way.

On another note, geez Lew, you're moving out to the stix and now you're getting a pickup, you are turning into a hick (and I'm jealous)!!! Congrats on the new ride!

This is a great topic. I had almost bought a Ford (would have been my 4th) because I thought they had improved their after market service.

I am glad I didn't.

I would make sure the Ford HO sees posts like this so they understand the power of the internet in influencing purchase decisions when they fail their customers.

Based on their advertising showing their vehicles are intended for real work, you have a defensible legal position.

This is a great topic. I had almost bought a Ford (would have been my 4th) because I thought they had improved their after market service.

I am glad I didn't.

I would make sure the Ford HO sees posts like this so they understand the power of the internet in influencing purchase decisions when they fail their customers.

Based on their advertising showing their vehicles are intended for real work, you have a defensible legal position.

So what would you buy instead of a Ford?

Something from one of the bankrupt companies?

Guest steel'n'esox
I just bought a brand new 2010 F-150 XTR crewcab and pick it up on Wednesday, but guess I better not attach a plow to it eh ?? :lol:

New boat, new house, new truck, you da man Lew, no turbo,no plow though lol