Ford Super Duty

fishinfool

Same thing I'm driving Bernie. I had to change a power steering hose two years ago. :angry:

When I want to drive in comfort I drive my 05 Ford Five Hundred SEL. B)

The last of that model line Dan.

I have a slow leak in a rear tire I have to fix. Other than oil changes absolutely nothing else has been replaced in the last 2 years.

Did some body work on it 3 years ago ,and honestly I can't remember the last mechanical repair I had to do on it.

I always respect your opinion on all things mechanical Bernie, and am happy to hear your thoughts on the 5.4 litre as it's what I went with on my new truck, and the 310 HP should work well for towing my boat which is over 3000 lbs

Thank you Lew.

That means a lot coming from you.

You will love that truck.

So my advise is buy what suits your requirements. You don't pull that boat every day (well most of us don't ;) ) You could make do with something a little less powerful in most cases and save fuel in the long run.

Whatever brand you like, shop not only price but the dealer too. They should have a good service department with technicians that know what they are doing. You may need to have good dealer relations in the future.

I also have a Honda CRV that I have been running since last March. I also really like this one. Not great for a long trip but for booting around town it's a lot of fun and easy on fuel.

Take my words or leave em'....Just speaking my piece.

Exactly, why would I buy a 1/2 ton pickup with a V8 when I tow my snowmobile or 18' aluminum.

My Honda's 255 HP is plenty to pull them and I'm nowhere near the tow rating of the vehicle.

I had an '89 full size Bronco that was a nice truck, except for all the issues with quality plus it only had 190 HP out of it's 5 liter V8.

So I have 65 more HP and I get better gas milage to boot!!! :D

Well they told him today that Ford will have an answer for him tomorrow and if that doesn't work out in his favour he will do the arbitration thing.

At this point, even if they agree to fix it they told him he won't get it back until around the 18th of Jan.

If they aren't going to fix it and he goes to the next step, well who knows...

He is looking right now for another truck to replace this one until it is resolved, if they fix the Ford then he will have to sell the one he buys now and swap ploughs.

He has Ford financing and called them today and told them that until the issue is resolved he has stopped payments and taken the collision insurance off the truck. He left the fire and theft on it though.

Prey for no snow, I feel for the guy he is losing a lot of sleep over this.

Funny thing is, I used to laugh at him when he first started the business because he was using a GMC 1/2 ton and I was driving a Chevy Silverado HD Crew Cab. I kept razzing him to buy a real truck.

Well he went out and bought this real nice Ford Super Duty and he was so proud!!

The first time I saw it I said "what the hell would you buy a fricken Ford for"? I think he wanted to kill me haha.

Now I guess he understands what I was saying.

I'll keep you all up to date when I hear the outcome.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

Stan

I'm with y'all.136k and shes alreaqdy starting to rust.What a POJ

gallery_7_64_123993.jpg

I thought you were gonna fix that little jewel up???.. have you been spending too much time in the goat pen again?

I hope you didn't pull the original 312 V8 out of her and replace it with on of those crappy 351's!... a 390 would be ok though! ;)

I thought you were gonna fix that little jewel up???.. have you been spending too much time in the goat pen again?

I hope you didn't pull the original 312 V8 out of her and replace it with on of those crappy 351's!... a 390 would be ok though! ;)

She came with a 352 but the previuos owner put a 390 in her.I installed power disc brakes and power steering.She has a 650 double pumper with headers and 4:10 gears with posi.Looks a little rough but runs and drives like new.Ford used to know how to build a truck.The new stuff is pretty solid also,better than most of the stuff out there.

Joe

She came with a 352 but the previuos owner put a 390 in her.I installed power disc brakes and power steering.She has a 650 double pumper with headers and 4:10 gears with posi.Looks a little rough but runs and drives like new.Ford used to know how to build a truck.The new stuff is pretty solid also,better than most of the stuff out there.

Joe

Does she try to turn right when you pass a gas station?

Nice pic Roy thanx.Rattle,the old Fords rusted down here also.I got lucky with mine.The hood and fenders have some rust but I have replacements already.I still use it to go to the dump and haul mulch.Shes not quite ready to be out out to pasture and get all prettied up just yet.

Joe