One piece long underwear

krawler

Kinda fishing related. I need to find a few of these as xmas gifts but need one for myself, keeps me extra warm on the ice. What stores sell them? I cant seem to find any for sale. Found one made by HH but dont like the material, looking for that waffle look. any ideas?

thanks

and if you really want to be warm buy yourself one made out of fleese... I have one from giant tiger and let me tell you , it not only keeps you warm but it wicks any moisture away from your skin, so if you need to hike to a spot or get a little warm on your walk out to your spot under your float suit you never get cold and clammy...

Oh and it does have the little flap... lol

cheers

Jen

I've owned a dry suit undergarment for over 20 years and would never part with it.

That's the way to go. They can be pretty pricey but really do the job. I've still got one from my cold water diving days.

Otherwise you can buy thermals at Marks W.W. At least that's where I got mine. I used them under my drysuit in warm water.

JF

My brother bought a one piece set by "Under Armor" last year...they are not waffled and cost around $100 but he claims they unbelievably warm and worth every penny. $100 for underwear seems a little high to me, but he keeps insisting I give them a try.

Edited by Fishnwire

That "waffle knit" long underwear is crap (cotton based)..... take a look at the polypro or polyester based undies... these wick moisture away from the body and do not adsorb like cotton.... I have seen the full body at TSC (as others have replied) under the make of Misty Mountain.

Burt :)

My brother bought a one piece set by "Under Armor" last year...they are not waffled and cost around $100 but he claims they unbelievably warm and worth every penny. $100 for underwear seems a little high to me, but he keeps insisting I give them a try.

+1 for Under Armor. Had it for 3 seasons so far. Great buy.

Yeah, stay away from the cotton stuff.

There is a saying " in cold weather, cotton kills". It holds moisture, not wick it away from your skin. The poly pro stuff is great. I haven't tried the under armour gear yet, but I have it on my list to Santa :)

S.

I am looking for merino wool top and bottom. Clam corp makes a set i just have to find out where i can buy it.

I have a pair of merino wool socks and they are the best.

You can't beat merino wool. Its the best stuff for keeping you warm.......even if its wet. Its all I wear on my hands and feet on the ice.

S.