Well, we are going to give it a try

Big Cliff

Well after reading the responses and a lot of help from so many of you we have decided to try to set up a little "small scale" B&B. I am not going to create a web site or anything, nor am I going to advertise in the local papers. We really don't want to own and operate a "business".

Our goal is going to be to try to focus on creating an opportunity for couples or small families to go somewhere clean, comfortable and affordable and have an opportunity to get out, enjoy the winter and/or do some ice fishing. It would be nice if we could just afford to give it away but we can't!

I have posted an add in the classifieds section in the "member business directory". It is pretty basic but if you would be kind enough to take a look at it and see if I have missed anything or need to clarify anything, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and I promise I will not use the "general discussion" form again to promote this but without all your help it probably wouldn't have happened.

Thanks!

Cliff

Edited by Big Cliff

Morning Cliff! I just looked at the ad. All seems fine but....it's really a little on the inexpensive side. J and I have been to your house and it's really a special place. If I am able to book with you this winter, I will not be taking the breakfast option...I've seen how you guys cook and I'd feel like I was robbing you at that price. Le B&B Chez le Gros Clifford & son Amour Suzanne. Really a nice ring to it! :) I wish you both all the good fortune in the world and I KNOW you'll be getting lotsa people there this upcoming season.

Hey Cliff, you guys have it all set up. Gus and I are hoping since we didn't get the chance to get over to see you guys this year and with the new regs for ice fishing that we can make a couple of visits your way in the new year. Hope to see you soon.

B)

Sounds like a nice place to visit and enjoy......is your Lake experiencing a new open season during the winter? Has it been open in the past (many years ago?).....What can you expect to catch?.....pickeral and perch I hope!......might be a nice diversion away from Scugog for a weekend....always enjoy new experiences and meeting new people (that may become freinds).

Here's wishing you both the very, very best my friend. You have the right place and of course the best hospitality. I'm with Roy, maybe a little light on the per person rate especially the way I have seen some of these OFC'rs eat!

Sounds like a nice place to visit and enjoy......is your Lake experiencing a new open season during the winter? Has it been open in the past (many years ago?).....What can you expect to catch?.....pickeral and perch I hope!......might be a nice diversion away from Scugog for a weekend....always enjoy new experiences and meeting new people (that may become freinds).

Pickerel will still be closed in the Kawarthas (except Scugog) until mid May 2010...

Only panfish will be open for icefishing (perch, crappie, sunfish and bluegills) and all coarse fish (carp, suckers, rockbass, catfish and pike)...

Make sure you read and understand the new regulations regarding species, possession limits and size limits...

Edited by Beans

After you have done the ice thing Cliff,have you thought about a fall hunt package ;):D

I know for sure I could send a few good people your way if that's the case Cliff. If that's an option, let me know, and I'll send out the refferals. You put them up for the night, I'll get them on some birds. I've been sending them to local motels.......your place would be absolutley perfect!!

S.

After you have done the ice thing Cliff,have you thought about a fall hunt package

I know for sure I could send a few good people your way if that's the case Cliff. If that's an option, let me know, and I'll send out the refferals. You put them up for the night, I'll get them on some birds. I've been sending them to local motels.......your place would be absolutley perfect!!

S.

I was thinking more along the lines of sitting in his stand Shane. ;):lol:

But birds sound good too. ;):D