I Need A Recommendation

ADB

Alright, here's the deal:

My girlfriend's mom is having her 50th birthday this Saturday. It's a pretty big party.

I want to get her something nice, but I want to stay away from chocolate, jewelry, etc. I'm thinking of something along the lines of a gift card for a spa.

So, here's is my question: do any of your wives/girlfriends have a spa (or something like that) that they perticularly love in the GTA?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated...thanks a lot!

Edited by ADB

Depends how fancy you want to go.Pool side spa on Dufferin north of Lawrence is good and cheap.

I don't want to go too cheap, but I'm just a student...so my budget isn't huge.

Something middle of the road seems appropriate.

Edited by ADB

Alright, here's the deal:

My girlfriend's mom is having her 50th birthday this Saturday. It's a pretty big party.

I want to get her something nice, but I want to stay away from chocolate, jewelry, etc. I'm thinking of something along the lines of a gift card for a spa.

So, here's is my question: do any of your wives/girlfriends have a spa (or something like that) that they perticularly love in the GTA?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated...thanks a lot!

How about tickets to some kind of concert/revue/opera? You would have to find out what she likes for that kind of thing. Its probably not an immediate gift, maybe 3-6 months down the road, but it could pay forward to acceptance of you being her future son in law :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get her a Grandchild. There is something in that gift for the whole family. j/k :)

Only issue with spa stuff is if they don't use them (spas or the certificate) it's a waste.

Do your homework and find out what she really likes.

My 2 cents.

Dude, whatever you get her, you'll have to get 1 better for your girlfriend... so... go cheap now and you'll save money in the long run...

no flowers either... only when they're dying or giving birth... also the only 2x they're not lying about being in pain ;)

buy her a DVD, something ghey like "the notebook" or some crap like that...

Well if you want to save money, you could give her the massage yourself :lol:

Then give the GF a better one so she's not jealous!

Okay, sorry, can't help. Don't know any places myself. I see if any of my friends know a place.

Joey

This might be a little different than you were thinking but!: a few years ago a friend called a company "chef in your kitchen" (or something close to that.) for his wifes 50th.

My friend got to pick the menu and customized it to what he wanted. A chef came out to our house, prepared a fantastic meal and served it over a 5 hour period, cleaned up the dishes and everything. He brought all his own cookware and everything he needed to prepare the meal. He uncorked our wine and served it, set a perfect table, timed everything to our needs, it couldn't have been better.

I have eaten in some of the finest restraunts and this meal was second to none. The total cost for 4 people with the tip was about $300.00 but it was worth every penny. Might just be something you want to try, it will be something special that she will never forget and you and her daughter will get to share the experience with her. Mother-in-laws (or future mother-in-laws) love to be pampered and feel like they are gaining a son, not loosing a daughter.

My Wife and Daughters all rave about this place. It is small but very nice and the owner (Cheryl) provides very good personalized service.

The web site does not seem to be working, but the info is here.

Country Manor Antiques & Spa

Hwy#9 at 4th line of Mono

519-942-4977

www.countrymanorantiquesandspa.com

They have all sorts of packages at all price ranges.

Good Luck!

You are a good boy for even putting thought into this but I don't think that what you give matters all that much. That is to say that she will honestly be thrilled that her daughter has a guy that is thoughtful enough to show up to the party and bring her some flowers and a quality bottle of wine.

Good luck!

Jim

Radnine, I get the most amazing gifts from my little sister every year, they are incredibly thoughtful and well considered. I sometimes get a little verklempt. We are 45 - 55 age bracket. We do what we can do.

A sensitive thingy is a real winner as far as gifts go, and any spa certificate will be appreciated, and be money in the bank. A food plan, suggesting her favourite cuisine, is also endearing. Endearing is good.

Edited by douG