Fishing with Mum

limeyangler

Hi all,

My folks were over from England for the birth of our son. They came over last summer too and we discovered that my mum is quite the angler.......she loved going out in the boat, would talk to the fishies"here fishy...fishy...fishy" and swear at them when they got off " oh!.....you little bugger" she made me laugh too much....and she got some nice fish too despite it being her first time ever fishing....she was a natural and didn't even know it....lol.

Anyway, on the 2nd day of their visit she asked to go for a ride on the snowmobile, and when we got back asked to go icefishing. Well the baby and sudden thaw scuppered any real chance of getting out until the very last day they were here. We did not catch a fish which was a shame....but we had a good laugh, and mum got to see what keeps her son busy when not making and looking after babies ;)

MUM WANTED ME TO TAKE THIS PIC....SCARY LADY!

IMG_2953.jpg

GETTING ON GREAT.....EAGERLY WATCHING THE FISHFINDER

IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2956.jpg

STARTED TO GET COLD.......UP WENT THE SHACK

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

LOVE YOU MUM XXXXXXXXXXX

IMG_2960.jpg

What's with this "Over 70" crap, sonny? Like it's old or something! The way the years are flying by it won't be all that long for me either, so watch yer mouth. ;)

Me own dear old Mum kinda likes to go touring some of my favourite creek spots, although she doesn't fish, or even get outa the vehicle, but then she's over 90 now. We're lucky they're willing to share things like that with us, aren't we?

JF

My Mom is nearing 70 and a regular in my boat. Fishing has always been a part of our family's way of life and I'm proud to have Mom along any time. She tough's it out in the gnarliest weather (and she wonders why I'm such a stubborn cuss :rolleyes: )

DSCN1449.jpg

Be thankful for that Mom of yours, and cherish her always.

Great report and pics Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Precious moments to treasure for a life time :thumbsup_anim: Good on ya for taking her out on the hard water :clapping: Looks like she enjoyed that little special moment you guys shared!! Your mom rocks!!

Loved the last pic of both of you in the sunset :clapping: Awesome!!!

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

I've never fished with my mom, so consider yourself lucky. I just can't convince her that it is fun. I try every season to get her out, but she'd rather just sit on the beach with the kids.

I'm sure you won't soon forget that time spent with mom.

Sinker

Limeyangler thanks for that great post and pics, I too like the one of the two of you with the sunset :) And congrats once again on the second part; starting the new memories with the next generation to your family :worthy: That was my greatest feeling when it happened to me.

That is awesome Simon. I wish my mom would fish with us again. We used to fish all the time. She's just not into it anymore.

Dad on the other hand loves it. I'll have to get him out this season.

Thanks for sharing those precious pics.

Joey

As a kid, our summer vacations consisted of 2 weeks of 'tenting' on the shores of a lake and cooking over a fire. I guess that's where I get my love of the great outdoors. After several years of telling her about my trips to the Nipigon, last summer I finally took my mom to the river for 2 days to experience the scenery and fishing. She caught her first Nipigon brook trout at 79. (she would kill me!) Great memories!

Mom-popout.jpg