Lost my Best Friend Today - My Dad

Leecher

Sincere heartfelt condolences to you and your family Jaques. My Dad too battled with courage and dignity to the end. It is not at all selfish in any way to want to see his suffering end. He is now at peace.

J...

Jacques...

Bly and I send our condolences to you and all that knew him.

I personally know exactly what you went through. Me and my family were at my dad's bedside when he passed away from cancer. Yes, seeing the gasping for breath is incredibly difficult to see...and I understand what you were feeling. I also had a wave of "thank goodness it's over", and felt very selfish for it....but I realized that not wanting your loved one suffer any longer isn't selfish...your dad, and my dad are in a better place now...free of sickness and definately watching over us.

Take care.

My sincere condolences to you and your family, Leechman.

You should consider yourself fortunate that you had the opportunity to take care of, and be with your father in his last days. Those that don't get that opportunity sometimes have to live with regrets for the rest of their days. I can tell you from personal experience that it's a heavy burden to carry. God bless you in your time of sorrow.

Mes sympathies Jacques!!!!

I lost my dad 3.5 years ago and I still remember that night like it was yesterday. He took his last breath as I was hugging him . I will cherish that till the day I die!!!!!!!!!!!

My Dad had alzheimers and he hadn't spoken a single word or recognized any one of us for the last 2 years of his life. Plus he lived 9 hours away so I would see him 1-2 a year.

This helps me a lot.

104_0072Small.jpg

Edited by wallyboss

After reading your replies, I'm speechless..... in the sense of the generosity of the members of this community and want to thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart.

I know that some of you have gone through this and your replies have brought me relief and understanding of the emotions I was experiencing and want to thank you for that.

For those that are going through this, want to say that, being at bed side is most comforting for your loved ones.... It makes them feel that they are not alone and not be scared, even with their body deteriorating at a fast pace. It's one less burden they have to worry about

Again, on behalf of my family, thank you for being compassionate and so generous.... You guys and gals are the best :thumbsup_anim:

Jacques