Pic for the naysayers

Weekend Angler

I spose if he was interested in proving anything to anybody, he'd have clubbed that big girl over the head and killed it, but obviously that's not his style and good on him for that.

Guess he never thought it was his responsibility to prove himself to a bunch of strangers.....and good on him for that too.

I guess he never thougt not to say how long or fat it was and just let the pic speak for itself.

I'm just curious as to why anyone would want to see a photograph of the tape measurements after the angler has already said what the size of this fish was ?? :dunno:

Sorry Lew, this isn't a story of the one that got away or a 40" Musky.

A person posts/boasts a picture of a fish that big and gives dimensions that would put it as bigger than the world record without other photos that could have easily been taken....why didn't they just post a picture and say it was huge? They had it out for enough pictures too...aa few more wouldn't hurt or be hard, there were 3 on the boat (Glen posted the link :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: ).

Not singling out anyone here but Muskie fisherman have a tendency to exaggerate the specs to world record breaking sizes. Google it: "musky world record controversy".

If I post here that I caught sasquatch and show you a picture of something that looks what a sasquatch crammed into a freezer how many eyes will roll?

forrrest

Edited by forrest

A person posts/boasts a picture of a fish that big and gives dimensions that would put it as bigger than the world record without other photos that could have easily been taken....why didn't they just post a picture and say it was huge? They had it out for enough pictures too...aa few more wouldn't hurt or be hard, there were 3 on the boat (Glen posted the link :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: ).

Again, why do you think the angler needs to explain anything to you ??

He's not looking for a world record or he would have killed that fish, he just put up a photo of the monster and that's all there should be to the story, but people like you seem to think that everything needs to be explained or proven to you.

And exactly how many pictures do you want him to take for you ??

He posted a couple in the boat plus the release shot. You've obviously never caught or held onto a large musky or you'd realise your not exactly holding onto a 4 pound pickeral when they start thrashing around in your arms.

Muskies 1/2 that size can be tough to hang onto, yet you think he should just hang onto it while his friends take picture after picture just to prove their story to people like you.

I congratulate the lucky angler and at the same time, I feel sorry for him... I'm sure that he's being raked across the coals elsewhere as well... man, it's a fish! In the bigger picture of life, it's an accomplishment for sure, but jeeze, its still just a fish!

Lew's right, no wonder guys don't post any more! :wallbash:

HH

Is this thread already going down the tubes? Really? I mean, what a spectacular fish -- is there anything more that needs to be said? 'cept, yeah, I sure would like to know at least what lure he was using. And with the waves, and darkness, it sounds like a heck of a story! Trying to imagine it is actually exciting...what it must have been like to be there.... wow!

Just reading the thread on the board that was linked in with the extra pics...haven't got all the way down, but, it's plain to see there were lots of doubters there as well...they just eat their crow a lot easier, and with more class :P

Edited by johnnyb

The guy would be doomed to criticism either way, it is damn cold at night and the water temp is in the 30s right now, so holding that fish over the side and in the water at night in a craddle while someone tries to get a good picture is not going to happen. So a picture of that fish on its back on the bottom of the boat next to a ruler, coming from a guy part of muskies canada, would of been criticised heavily for that..

your damned if you and your damned if you dont. But if you have a potential world record you are sure to get some criticism along with the worship. If I were the one holding that fish I could not care less of what anyone had to say about it... he is holding a 50lb+ or even 55lb+ or even 60lb+ fish so for everyone else like me and you who has their picture holding a 50-57 incher in july we have only dreamed of such a fish shown in that picture, I'm sure he does not care what anyone has to say.

once again CONGRATS TO HIM! I cannot help but be extremely happy for the guy!

It appears as though some of you want this thread locked as well. It ain't gunna happen...not by me at least.
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I'd like to apologize, personally for some of the behaviour on this thread.

Not that you should have to...but good on ya, Roy :)

Congrats on the fattie Dale.

Beauty fish , you deserve it bud.

I tip my hat to you releasing it and with that I hope you release many more like it. You showed true respect for this wonderful fish and deserve notheing but total praise for how you handled it.

Kudos bud,,,,couldn't have happened to a classier guy.

:clapping:

Again, why do you think the angler needs to explain anything to you ??

He's not looking for a world record or he would have killed that fish, he just put up a photo of the monster and that's all there should be to the story, but people like you seem to think that everything needs to be explained or proven to you.

And exactly how many pictures do you want him to take for you ??

He posted a couple in the boat plus the release shot. You've obviously never caught or held onto a large musky or you'd realise your not exactly holding onto a 4 pound pickeral when they start thrashing around in your arms.

Muskies 1/2 that size can be tough to hang onto, yet you think he should just hang onto it while his friends take picture after picture just to prove their story to people like you.

I never said he should have killed the fish (would have been better to submit it). Just provided the acceptable set of pictures, if the guy is really a Muskie fisherman like you said....different angles and measurements, its so hard to turn to the side? Do you think it was so hard to hold that maybe he did not get the right measurements? A picture is easier then an accurate measurement.

I am not sure what your problem is Lew. I guess you believe everything people say, that make you gullible. Why do you have to comment on the doubt of others? (rhetorical).

Maybe there should be another thread for this. The points are made well enough for this thread Lew....enough said.

forrest

I think the best way to enjoy this thread is to ignore the negative comments. I am seriously excited just by looking at these pics...that fish is a tank! I can't help but try to imagine what the fight was like...what it must have been like when they got theire first look at it...how the heck they got it over the side of the boat. WOW! I've got muskie fever, and now it won't go away 'till next year!!! :D :D :D

Like someone said earlier, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The fish is a true 57" The tail was not pinched. They did lie the fish flat for the measurements. The trouble was they were in pitch dark, three and a half foot waves and getting blown up onto a shoal. They tried to take pics with the tape by the fish, etc but with the waves coming in over the back of the boat and the danger of being blown up on the rocks, they could not. Things got pretty hectic and dangerous and the concern was to get the fish back in the water as quickly as possible.

No exageration on this one guys and gals. They deserve our congratulations and respect.

Awesome fish!!!!! Congrats to the dude I would kill to even hook something like that.

One thing I noticed is that it has that Buffalo harbour look to it and not a long Larry look, guess cuz its so fat it doesnt look long........now thats a horrible problem to have!!

Doesn't matter if the measurements are accurate or not. It's a BIG FISH regardless of what any Tom Dick or Harry's opinion is on the size of this brute. Maybe the size and girth were guesstimates :dunno: Maybe they did indeed take measurements :dunno: Like has been said, if they had posted pictures of the process then there would have been criticism for the way it was done and surely there would have been even more negativity here. Maybe the measurements were only quoted to give a better understanding of this beauties size?

This guy must feel like a lottery winner. Happy at first but then have to listen to all the whining from the wannabes. :wallbash:

Congrates to him for his victory! :thumbsup_anim:

Kudos to Roy and Lew.

i see the peanut gallery is out in full force here. from the comfort of their couch. instead of experiencing what fishing in 3.5' waves, in late nov, at night, is like. heck, maybe even experiencing what it feels like to catch a fish like this.

congrats to the angler.. it's a beauty!

Why was it still eating? Amazing.

Lew -- do pike fatten up like that in late fall? I assume they're chowing down on the condensed schools of baitfish as well, but i have never caught a fat one...even late in the season.

Edited by cram

Guest gbfisher

HAHAHAHAHA YES LEW????.....what about pike?.................. :lol:

Thats classic asking Lew about Pike. (only becuase he doesnt fish for pike) The last pike I saw Lew catch didnt even make it out of the water. and was released before I could turn around.... :lol:

Im not making fun of you there bud. Just laughing hard at the expression on Lews face when he reads this .... :lol:

Very nice fish. :D

HAHAHAHAHA YES LEW????.....what about pike?.................. :lol:

Thats classic asking Lew about Pike. (only becuase he doesnt fish for pike) The last pike I saw Lew catch didnt even make it out of the water. and was released before I could turn around.... :lol:

Im not making fun of you there bud. Just laughing hard at the expression on Lews face when he reads this .... :lol:

Very nice fish. :D

:-) no worries. Didn't know. Maybe i shouldn't have asked about pike in this thread anyway. Pretty off-topic.