Pic for the naysayers

Weekend Angler

Congrat's on an amazing fish and for having the gonads to post your accomplishment for all to see and appreciate.

This and other boards unfortunately have their fair share of wannabee's and armchair quarterbacks who feel it their mission in life to criticise, pass judgement and request justification to their terms. Instead of being critics, perhaps getting out and putting in the countless hours of fishing, researching, studying etc... necessary, you may get the opportunity to post something like this yourself ('ves).

No wonder some of us resist the temptation to post the highights of our season(s).

J...

What a fish!!!! Congrats to the angler on it and letting it go especially. Fighting that thing at night must have been tough not being able to see it go through the motions, which from what I hear is half the fun of catching Musky seeing them dance.

As for not getting measurements for some people on here on film, if it bothers you that much folks how about you chip in some coin to hire a full time professional camera crew to follow him around to get all the details for you? I know everyone on here is usually pretty generous why not in this case?

Very Very nice fish there. Good on you for releasing it. You now have a chance to go back and catch the girl again next year. I can say without a doubt that if I had caught her, the circle of folks that actually see the picture would very small indeed. The reactions are just that, reactions.

Lew is absolutely correct in stating that most have never held a 50+ inch muskie and belive me, you want that girl back in the water ASAP. I had one turn and try and bite me. This is the reason that most of us crazy muskie guys go out in the late fall. The worse the weather the better. Sad that the year is coming to a close but now we can dream about this and other fish in the coming new year.

He's got to be lying on the size of this fish (There I said it!). No way that it's the size he's claiming. The angler has got to be pushing the 300lbs himself and the fish ain't far behind!

Great Job on a huge fish thanks for sharing the post and a chance at her another day. Although she's gonna have more stretch marks and loose skin then Fat 8astard on the subway diet next summer!

Any one know what the yellow things are around the inside of the boat?

Thanksgiving weekend was the latest in the year for me to fish, toys got put away after that, no trips up north after the last week of September. Fish eat all year, certain times of the year make catching food tougher on them, bigger fish the metabolism usually slows faster than bait fish except maybe for trout and salmon.

If food is available in quantities and easy to catch they will continue to eat., they will eat anything they catch if it makes a mistake. Buddies have had real nice days on the water in December here for bass when the water temp was under 40F, using lures.

Congrats to the angler on the catch of a lifetime. Definitely one hard fish to top for any angler and showing some professionalism in the C&R of such a monster!

Wonder what that thing ate, hopefully a few cormorants. :w00t:

Edited by HearingFish

Dang like a lot of them? Bigger than the ones I have see down here I think.

My thoughts exactly. I was thinking either big spreaders or Jib cables...LOL

Monster fish though!! Kudos on the angler for putting her back. To heck with pics beside the measuring tape.

Holly free hollies!!

HD

Yep that aint no shirtless fishing there GCD I thought you would not stop to that level but you sure got my blood boiling on this stay in the sunny flat water and dont comment on these threads if you have nothing good to say click the next warm water thread and move on.

As for Forest you have got to be joking that you need all them pics give your head a shake and think about it this is a huge fish and if they are in clam water it is still alot of work to get the measurements. Its comments from you guys that keep alot of people from posting big fish here and other boards I love this board and it sucks to read crap like what you two had to say, but just close your mouth if you have nothing good to say move over to another board where they act that way this place was not like this years ago and it was getting better so why not just keep the crap in your mouth or move to the next post.

As for this fish I have already told him my thoughts OMG what a great fish and I will not second guess this fella for this catch it is just a beast.

Sorry for my rant but this is crap what has been said and I hope you guys can learn for next time to not judge so fast or maybe all them MONSTER fish you post will have a tape and the actual measurements with them.

Yep that aint no shirtless fishing there GCD I thought you would not stop to that level but you sure got my blood boiling on this stay in the sunny flat water and dont comment on these threads if you have nothing good to say click the next warm water thread and move on.

As for Forest you have got to be joking that you need all them pics give your head a shake and think about it this is a huge fish and if they are in clam water it is still alot of work to get the measurements. Its comments from you guys that keep alot of people from posting big fish here and other boards I love this board and it sucks to read crap like what you two had to say, but just close your mouth if you have nothing good to say move over to another board where they act that way this place was not like this years ago and it was getting better so why not just keep the crap in your mouth or move to the next post.

And a people are reffering to me as negative? :blink:

I did say it was a big fish....bigger fresh water fish than I would ever hope to catch.....I think GCD is saying the same thing....its huge! Why can't the muskie guys accept that?

Whaaa! Whaaa! You muskie guys who are crying over people not taking a strangers word on a 57" x 33" fish need to get real. It is not my fault that people who catch muskie have a history/reputation for exaggerating even the big fish. It is not my fault that people who dedicate themselves to muskie have not figured out a way to quickly take measurements that establish measurement crediibility. Take blame with your other Muskie :worthy: co-anglers for the failure.

If I say I need proof to believe its size then that an opinion that a lot of people share. I don't need a group of jerks (one even PMed me) trying to bully me into changing my opinion or shutting up about it. Count how many people here are still saying its a 57" x 33" Muskie on this board.

So save your whining/crying for the Muskie G2Gs.

forrest