Who Out There Does " To Me - From Me!"

Fang

For years my wife has refused to buy any Xmas gifts related to fishing or hunting. I'm usually quite open giving her the UPC code, aisle location, even offering to map the item location in the store on my GPS unit

So every year I'm forced to put a couple of "To Me - From Me!!" items under the tree. I even look suprised when I open them in front of everyone.

So who else out there does this. Am I alone???

This years To Me - From Me

BPS Extreme EXT10 Left Hand

3 Yozuri deep cranks for next years trip to BOQ

anything i might find at Fishing world on saturday.

Yup your alone,My wife wants nothing to do with fishing she loves to eat the fish but it does not go any farther.She has bought me many fishing items on my list.Yup she spoils me.Time to have a serious talk with your wife or you should stop buying what she likes .Plan C would be to show her this thread when its done.Good Luck Mike :blink::angry::devil::devil::santa:

Me too fang but I don't bother wrapping I just say I can't use it until after Christmas and get to stare at it for a couple of weeks.Tonight's gift was the Cobra's on sale at CTC,they let me have em tonight instead of waiting in a line tomorrow.

Kerry

ya I do it every year - some peole should just NOT be allowed to go tackle shopping for someone else

this year bought both of "my" gifts in Nov & have used them early :blush:

8'6 St Croix Wild River spinning rod - already got some trout on it

Garmin Extex Lengend Cx - has a coupla waypoints on it already

Edited by fishdawg

Not fishing related, but I did buy myself a Christmas present the other day.

I was wandering around the store looking for a present for Diane when I spotted a set of pliers/cutters marked down from $40 to $10 and what self respecting man could pass up a deal like that ?? :thumbsup_anim:

I came home and stuck them under the tree and just promised not to use them till after the BIG day :santa::santa:

I help Santa out by telling her what I want .... then go ahead and buy it. The only stipulation is, it must stay in the box until Christmas Day. So, come Christmas, I can open my Lowrance H2O, watch the instructional DVD, and load MapCreate 6 Canada Topo on the computer. I'll have plenty of toys to play with this Christmas. Unfortunately, the couple lures I got, will have to wait a while longer.

LOL Fang! ME, I am the easiest guy in the world to shop for a BPS or Cabela`s gift certificate and I am good. LOL don`t even think about buying me fishing tackle! LOL My mother in law bought me a chair with a rod holder like the first or second year we were married, ???????? what`s this thing? a fishing chair! LOL I got them in the boat! what am I going to do with this? A 150 dollar watch one year, LOL it`s still in a drawer. LOL I know what I need dear you don`t, forget the gifts. Ya I also got a tie, Cleveland Browns, it`s in the trash! Go Steelers! Better yet who`s in first place! My Team! LOL

My wife and I have been doing that for a couple of years now... we buy a couple things for ourselves and put eacothers name on the gifts. It works great!

We also get eachother some surprises.

This year I'm getting a Garmin GPSMap 76 that I purchased a few months ago on sale 50% off.

My wife purchased some clothes and a purse for herself from me and her surprise gift will be a large LCD or small Plasma (32-42") for the bedroom. That reminds me, I have some TV shopping to do... later folks!

-Brian

Well I must say that my wife comes through good alomost all of the time she has bought me a ice auger,portable ice hut (it had to go back but not her fault) lures that I will actually use not just some junk ones that will never see the water, and she gets the tools right I just let her know when getting tools buy craftsman or mastercraft this way they are lifetime warntee, received a tablesaw drill press router (I still have to use it) and much more she is great a picking the stuff out. But I do get somethings for my self I think I have alot of hair and blades and other componets for making lures this winter coming but then again I did not see a package arive from the post man so who knows.

Been doing it for years .... may sound dumb .. but still feels good on christmas day :) ... and especially if I KNOW that nobody would get it for me .. or if its something the whole family can benefit from ... like a new drift sock ... or a portable transducer mount ... or ... oh somebody stop me I am getting all excited !

Edited by camillj

I don't make a big deal about presents.

When I need or want something fishing or hunting related, I just go get it myself.

No wrapping necessary. I just got a new vehicle 3 weeks ago and a new (used) ice hut last weekend.

Merry Christmas to me !!! :D

The presents are for the wee ones now.

That's where we concentrate our present efforts.

You know, on second thought, this isn't a bad idea. So, I did go out and buy myself a present today. To me, from me. It's under the tree now. I just hope that I have the willpower to leave it there until Monday. Merry Christmas everyone.

specialblend.jpg

By the way, this is an actual unphotoshopped Crown Royal label. You can go to their web site and join the "Society of the Crown" for free. From there you can order 5 free customized labels per month.

You know, on second thought, this isn't a bad idea. So, I did go out and buy myself a present today. To me, from me. It's under the tree now. I just hope that I have the willpower to leave it there until Monday. Merry Christmas everyone.

specialblend.jpg

By the way, this is an actual unphotoshopped Crown Royal label. You can go to their web site and join the "Society of the Crown" for free. From there you can order 5 free customized labels per month.

A great idea Dan.

I may just have to add that to the many things I'd like to buy myself.

I usually buy myself something for Christmas, but not because my wife doesn't buy me what I like. She knows the meaning and value of the "GIFT CARD"... usually Cabelas or BassPro, it's always the right size and color!!!

LOL Glen, I don't buy myself anything but I do have my daughters dailed into the gift cards, so no more coffe cups :lol: . Now I gotta to get the wife and son onboard :thumbsup_anim:

Whopper