Are You A _____- Angler Or A Multispecies Angler?

Crazyhook

Multi-species. I do most of my fishing north of the border. July is bass season and we do fairly well. Late September we target Muksie and Pike. After a period of time wiht no activity, I guess you could say I'd be happy with anything that takes the line. But - we're out there enjoying the out of doors regardless of the bite. We typically keep a few basss for a fish fry and everything else is released for someone else or our next trip.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Multi-species, I fish whenever I can but will target certain species depending on season and the lake we're going to. Trout in the early spring (though not last year), panfish in April/May, then pike & walleye usually open, mostly bass in July & August, and then bass, pike, or muskie in the Fall.

Don't usually target 'eyes, except for a couple of hours around dusk at the cottage lake.

Have never targeted carp, catfish, etc.

Mike

I love my bass fishing, but I'm definately a multi-species fisherman. Pike, walleye, perch during the ice season, trout in the early spring. Usuall spring trip to Kirkland lake for a week for some huge pike....then a bit of walleye before the bass season opens. Then bass until September before the salmon hit and some more trouting until freeze up. 12 months a year....

Jason

Great thread and equally great responses from everyone.

I grew up close to one particular trib so I'd half to say creek 'bows and it's still my Fav, but,

This board has turned me into a muskymaniacman...fortuante enough not having to have paid my full dues with 10,000 casts...and I believe I have more musky equipment/lures then for all other species combined.

I love the ice for perchin cuz its nice being able to feel a tug on the line in the cold winters when my creek has frozen up and its the time my whole family will get out and actually all enjoy.

Reaaly enjoy my outings with fishdawg..so I have to add LakeO salmon/browns/lakers to the list.

Multi-Species for sure.

Multi-Species.... but thats a reflection of my job. hahahha

I REALLY want to focus in on the bass, however not a lot of bass here in So Dak.

The rest of the family here are Walleye, and Pike.

Maybe if I look hard enough, I'll find the bass in this region. :blush:

Bass. From May to late June (Lake Erue). My fishing season ends on Nov 30th most years. Now that NY is open 365, I will be able to start bassin probably in late March/early April. Have fished for steelhead and lakers in the Winter on the Niagara, fun but just too darn cold. Perch in the early spring is fun - once or twice when the winds on the big lake force you inland.

But there is just something about bass that makes it occupy 99.999% of brain real estate.

The competitive aspect is probably what drives me to improve.

Charles

I've always been a Trout guy. I used to live for Steelhead fishing, but eventually graduated to Brook Trout fishing. I'll target just about anything except Pike and course fish, if the time is right though. There's nothing like a good feed of Walleye.

I love fishing period,its my love and passion i will fish for anything and every species i have equiptment for almost all the freshwater fish,anything goes from panfish to sturgeon :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: im not afraid to say it,i love to catch all kinds of fish,and will forever :thumbsup_anim::santa: but if i had to pick my favourite it would be WALLEYE...MMMMM YUMMMMYYYYY

Edited by fishindevil

My main species has changed over the years...And for a few it was more about being the fish than fishing...

As a teenager Bass and Steelhead were my main targets... :Gonefishing:

Now I'm mostly interested in Muskie from June till late fall! Last spring my interest in Salmon/Trout trolling on Lake O was sparked, hoping to do more of that next year.

Still willing to go after any finned adversary though!

:santa:

Primarily walleye for me, but during specific times of specific months, steel, brook trout, salmon(coho and chinook), lake trout also.

Pike are an incidental catch when after waldo's, consider them trash fish really, annoying pests that steal my bait and break my lures off, lol.