Anyone's boat worth more than the towing vehicle?

BFSC Kevin

105 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone's boat worth more than the towing vehicle?

• yes
    • no
    • about even
    • i wish i had a boat

Yes kevin i know what you mean man !!!!!! an 07 LUND 1625 classic. :thumbsup_anim::whistling: ...and a 1998 3.1liter V6 grand-am.. :blink::glare::dunno: ..,but hey you can see where my priorities are..LOL..LOL..LOL.. Oh well at least it tows it fairly well,and since i have owned the car it has pulled 3 different boats and still going strong. :worthy: ..its a very interesting thread,i think you will see more people like us.....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

My vote just made it an even 50% !!

Since my van is a '97 and the boat, motor and trailer combo is a 2005 it's value far exceeds the tow vehicle, even though it's only a tinny. Even when I bought the boat package it was worth more!

The good part of this: the van is paid for, my wife's car is paid for and the boat motor and traier are paid for too! :clapping:

Edit....dunno what happened, by the time I submitted the post the count dropped down to 47 something %.

Edited by pikehunter

Big old glass boat, upgrade--V8engine ,closed cooling, drive, stainless prop, trim tabs, sonar but its getting old, computer guidance system, full camper top = added value of aprox. $0

86 ford 3/4 t 4x4 aint worth much but fits my rule my truck works for me, I won't work for a truck. When repairs start to look like payments it will be replaced but so far I haven't spent much on it since I got it 2 years ago.

So I'd say in todays market about even, I probably couldn't sell either of them.

At this point I would say my boat is worth about the same as each of my vehicles. The tie breaker would be whichever one has a full tank of gas.

The sad part of all of this is that my rods and tackle are worth more than my boat and either of my vehicles.

-Brian

Money wise, the Truck is worth more as it's brand new...sort of, got it end of August and now have over 20,000 km on it :P Personal enjoyment wise, heck NO!!! The boat is worth way more to me :D Although the truck gets me to work and back so I can someday afford to play in the boat...hmmm...guess it makes it even ;)

Maureen

Boat is worth just as much as my truck till i load all my fishing gear in the boat ...then the truck is no where as close to the same amount .. i still like my O7 Dodge Hemi 4x4 but it don't catch me fish unless im towing the boat fishing ..lol...

Edited by Fishmaster

Here's my buddy's boat 2006 scarab 36' 2x blown 572 chevy = 1500 horsepower 2.5 GALLONS TO THE MILE..top speed of 110 on a 6" chop... the engines alone are worth 68.000$ ...

The 2005 f-250 is worth 49.000$....when you're an engineer for Lougheed Martin you can afford anything!

Deemed to be " The Fastest Boat on Nipissing"...and probably the hardest on gas!!

The cost of it to run for a Weekend is the monthly mortgage payment on a 150.000 $ house.

Useless to fish from.. or even water ski...