New Car !!!

motv8tr

Hey all, as you can tell by my lack of reports I haven't done much fishing this year. In the last two years I've gone out with Beans once every week or two, this year we haven't been out at all :( While part of the reason was stuff going on here at home, the biggest reason was my car. It has been in need of repair for some time now. In the past two or more months more and more has gone wrong with it to the point that I took it off the road about two weeks ago. The cost of repairs was more than the car is worth. With a little creative finacial juggling I was able to buy a brand new car :thumbsup_anim: I picked her up this afternoon :clapping:

Here she is

gallery_46_17_43032.jpg

gallery_46_17_54420.jpg

It's a 2007 Kia sportage, AWD, 5 speed :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks to a fellow member here I managed to get a GREAT insurance rate :thumbsup_anim: Turns out he's offering a bit of a discount to fellow OFC'rs and was able to do so much better for me than my old company that I had been with for at least 10 yrs. Thanks Dave!!!

Now maybe I can go fishing once or twice ;)

Maureen

I am so happy to see you finally got something reliable and I'll bet that in the long run it costs you less than driving a "pre owned car".

So, can you please PM me the contact information for the insurance, I'm thinking I might want to shop around too.

VER R R R Y nice . . . . if it snows enough to get THAT one stuck, NOBODY'S going anywhere!! Nice new fresh-smellin' car . . . . bet it's off-limits to cigarettes, eh? If it wasn't for my 10, 12 & 13' fishin' rods, I'd sure be looking one like that over! My bet with the 5 gear it's also decent on fuel . . . . enjoy!

Great news,that old VW scared the crap out of me!

Joe

How do you think I felt driving it up to two weeks ago :blink:;)

Thanks for all the nice comments folks, I'm pretty happy with haveing a brand new car, and from all the reports I've heard and found on this vehicle it should last me a few years.

Oh and Steve, I think it would hold all your rods easily, as long as you don't want to have any passengers ;) Well you might get away with one in the front seat. One of the things I really like about this truck is that all but the drivers seat folds down completely, which give you tonnes of room to haul stuff...including my dogs :D

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr