A couple cute little guys :) NF

lew

I forgot about these couple pictures I took last weekend.

We've got 4 chipmunks & a red squirrel that have become regular guests at the trailer and spend most of the day with us. We leave a bowl of peanuts on the deck and they just help themselves, but I set it up on the table to get a couple pictures of them.

Not a big deal, but I enjoy this kinda thing :)

Cnv2079.jpg

Cnv2080.jpg

Cnv2083.jpg

Cnv2082.jpg

Nice pic's Lew! Will they eat out of your hand yet? Chipmunks are really skittish but the red squirrel might.

Phil's neighbour at the cottage in Sauble feeds the chipmunks and squirrels all summer long. They've become pretty friendly and are a blast to photograph. You have to be quick before the Blue Jays start dive bombing them!

-Brian

squirrel.jpg

Dsc01340_cmonk.jpg

DSC01346.jpg

Yeah, they eat from our hands all the time Brian, both the red squirrel and the chippies.

Those blue jays are fun to watch too, we have 7 that hang out in the tree on the front lawn and sit in the branches about 10' up. I can toss a peanut out and they'll almost get it before it hits the ground......really fast.

Good to see your also a critter fan too Brian :thumbsup_anim:

Rich, the ones at my place put 3 peanuts in their mouth at once, then scurry off and hide them in the wood pile.

Edited by lew

I've found the squirrels will eat them on the spot but the chipmunks load up 3 at a time and haul 'em away and they're back again within minutes. They must have a hell of a stash somewhere. Come to think of it, the cottage sits a little high in one corner....hmmmm.....

Great pictures, I have to go on vacation to see anything but European Brown Squirrels. There doesn`t seem to be any others left around here. Saw a chipmunk in my yard a couple years ago, don`t know where it went, only once, very few squirrels of any kind, even the browns.

Lots of birds some pretty ones, the Purple Martins get active everytime someone is cutting the grass, it stirs up bugs and they fly around eating them.

A lot of Buzzards, trying not to feed them!

Had a chipmunk in a cabin we rented in Pointe Au Baril had to make a trail of grapes to get it out the door, it liked them, don`t know if they all do.

We have a couple of them chipmonkeys over at Carp Point that just love to eat corn...they even knock the lid off the Tupperware container and crawl right inside...even if we close the lid with one inside he doesn't stop filling his face...

Steve (Crappieperchhunter) has some pictures to download off his camera...maybe he will post some next week after his vacation...

they are cute little buggers

but when you lock up the trailer for the winter they will chew a hole in it to find food

when you open it up next year there will be a family of 500 living there....lol

ok maybe it won't be that bad, but I did have problems with them at one time

Great pics Lew, a friend of mine in Barrie has a squirrel that comes for penuts, but only one, the others are too skittish. She also has a Blue Jay that will come down take a penut off the rail, fly up to its branch, shell the penut, take it elsewhere and then return for the 2nd, pretty cool to watch.

Maureen

We had a squirrel at a campground in Florida where we stayed for several weeks back in 1989. We would spread peanut butter on pieces of bread and leave them out for the squirrels to eat.

It was fun to watch them pick it up and lick the peanut butter off and then go on the the next piece. As the squirrels were eating the peanut butter the birds would be sitting in the tree above waiting for the squirrels to finish so they could come down and snatch the leftover bread. Fun to watch as they made a good team.

Then one day we had a small mat sitting on the picnic table to dry in the sun. We were inside having dinner, looked out at the table and one of the squirrels was peeing on the mat! Then they tried to get into the motor home through the screen door and after that we never fed them anymore.

Great pictures Lew. They are entertaining to watch. So if you run out of peanuts try some peanut butter on bread.