Ethanol -free gas is no longer available...

siwash

2 hours ago, siwash said:

Where can I get this fuel sold by natives? 

In Eastern Ontario, you can purchase ethanol-free high octane from Speedway Gas and VP Racing Fuel (both just off the 401 on the Tyendaga Reserve in Desoronto). In fact, you can still buy leaded fuel from them for vintage vehicles. 

18 hours ago, CrowMan said:

In Eastern Ontario, you can purchase ethanol-free high octane from Speedway Gas and VP Racing Fuel (both just off the 401 on the Tyendaga Reserve in Desoronto). In fact, you can still buy leaded fuel from them for vintage vehicles. 

Leaded fuel? This almost sounds unbelievable. 

I think I'll get a separator and change the lines! 

On 7/5/2024 at 2:00 AM, AKRISONER said:

Natives are once again selling corn free premium gas. Was glad to see them bring it back as the driver of a high power 2 stroke 

Has anyone actually tested this stuff?  I'd be very surprised if it contains no ethanol. 

27 minutes ago, BillM said:

Has anyone actually tested this stuff?  I'd be very surprised if it contains no ethanol. 

You’re always going to have trace amounts because the pumps are pumping ethanol regular. But I’ve been assured repeatedly at the stations that the fuel is most certainly ethanol free.

next time I gas up my boat and Jerry cans I’ll test the last can I fill.

• Like 1

I have run the cheapest 87 octane I can get in my boat that has a 4.3 I/O. Starting Labour Day weekend, I start putting a dose of Stabil Marine. When it gets pulled out, I put a double dose of it in. I store with only a few gallons in the tank. In spring, I’ll put 10 gallons of 91 Octane along with some Seafoam. Haven’t really had a problem. The fuel filter/water separator filter gets changed every spring after the boat runs a few times. I always keep a spare on board just in case there is a problem. 

On 7/5/2024 at 2:00 AM, AKRISONER said:

Natives are once again selling corn free premium gas. Was glad to see them bring it back as the driver of a high power 2 stroke 

Where?  Gen 7 fuels still saying corn in gas.  I get gas at Jocko Point all the time, still corn gas from what I’ve seen.  Who you buying from?

On 7/3/2024 at 1:11 PM, BillM said:

Super easy.  I run a Yamaha setup linked below, main and kicker attached.   Swap the filter every 2 years or so and you're golden.  Cheap insurance. 

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/en/accessories/outboard-motor/fuel-system/10-micron-fuelwater-separating-filter-aluminum-assembly/MAR-10MAS-00-00

When I had a bigger boat and a much bigger motor, and onboard fuel tank, I had a fuel/water separator.  But not since I have owned 40 hp outboards.  Wondering if this filter is able to be installed in-line on a portable fuel tank hose? 

Doug

Yes, all you need to do cut the line at the appropriate place, insert and mount the fuel/water separator.  https://www.boatingmag.com/how-to/installing-fuel-water-separator/

Can't remember what size yours is Doug, but of it's fuel injected, it already has a fuel water separator under the cowl at the back, clear plastic with a float in it. 

Edited by Fisherman

9 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Yes, all you need to do cut the line at the appropriate place, insert and mount the fuel/water separator.  https://www.boatingmag.com/how-to/installing-fuel-water-separator/

Can't remember what size yours is Doug, but of it's fuel injected, it already has a fuel water separator under the cowl at the back, clear plastic with a float in it. 

Thanks Einrich!

Yes, a 40 hp Yamaha 4 stroke, and I will take a look next time I pull the boat out of the garage.  My half-inch of wiggle room doesn't allow for a cowl removal until the boat is pulled out.

Doug

I'm in the Bradford/Simcoe County area and there is a still a decent amount of gas stations who offer 93+ octane without ethanol. Just need to ask. Many marinas offer it too but and an extremely high cost.

Having said that, there's many manufacturers with good quality fuel-treatments. I use Quicksilver products because I have a Mercury, but there's many others as well i.e. Sta-Bil 360, Sea Foam, etc.

I had station say they had ethanol free gas but their parent company says they have no ethanol free gas   Also I talked to the delivery truck driver and he said he hasn’t hauled real gas in a long time 

so I would test the gas to make sure it’s free of corn 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuiverCat said:

I'm in the Bradford/Simcoe County area and there is a still a decent amount of gas stations who offer 93+ octane without ethanol. Just need to ask. Many marinas offer it too but and an extremely high cost.

Having said that, there's many manufacturers with good quality fuel-treatments. I use Quicksilver products because I have a Mercury, but there's many others as well i.e. Sta-Bil 360, Sea Foam, etc.

1 hour ago, QuiverCat said:

Same here ! I'm at 400 and Lloydtown Ed area.  Which shell stations? The one next to crappytire in Bradford? 

Edited by siwash