Your Favourite Fishing Tournament

TJQ

Hey!! 

Im working on a project and could use some help..

Im trying to put a list of fishing tournaments together...  any one have a favourite, or a local one they can share??

In my neck of the woods, the annual Big Bass Mega Bucks on Big Rideau Lake is always a lot of fun.

Also, Kiwanis Walleye World on Quinte is a good way to kick off the season with lots of festivities.

BTW, is there a difference between a tournament and a derby...just askin'

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, glen said:

Orillia perch festival.  People won prizes.  They had random daily draws.  

That used to be a favourite of mine, sadly the city of Orillia has removed a lot of the parking that allowed direct access to the waters on the south side of highway 12. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh there are so many TJ! Big Bass Mega Bass on Big Rideau is definitely one! Quinte Bass Champs on opening weekend is another! The Nosbonsing Pike, North GTA Pike on Balsam Lake, Muskoka Pike & all of the Top 50 Pike events are great pike events. Down on Lake St. Clair, there's the Mitchell's Bay Open and this year there's the NEW VEXUS Open which should be great! The Mark McKeown Memorial Perch Tournamnet on lake Simcoe is a lot of fun! I can send you a whole list TJ, don't make me choose I love them all! 😄😄😄

6 hours ago, David Chong said:

Oh there are so many TJ! Big Bass Mega Bass on Big Rideau is definitely one! Quinte Bass Champs on opening weekend is another! The Nosbonsing Pike, North GTA Pike on Balsam Lake, Muskoka Pike & all of the Top 50 Pike events are great pike events. Down on Lake St. Clair, there's the Mitchell's Bay Open and this year there's the NEW VEXUS Open which should be great! The Mark McKeown Memorial Perch Tournamnet on lake Simcoe is a lot of fun! I can send you a whole list TJ, don't make me choose I love them all! 😄😄😄

If you have a list that would make my life soooo much easier

Without a doubt the OFC/OFC Pike Derby...lol 😃  Still miss the GTG terribly!

I'm not a fan fishing tournaments, don't want to get into it here, just my opinion, not critical of any one that fishes them.

Edited by John
  • Like 1