New PB Muskie !!!!!

cityfisher

Hey all,

Rented a cottage up in the haliburton area for the weekend with my GF.

Planning on quadding saturday and fishing sunday.

Quadding was fun but I was itching to fish since its really been a while since I fished hard on a more remote lake ( compared to simcoe every weekend ).

img06902up4.jpg

Nailed 5-6 pike ( 2-5lbs ) throughout the day and my GF landed a nice 2-3 lb bass !! Shes a Keeper ! ;)

img1282lg3.jpg

Then while working my Yum Dinger I get a hit and BANG set it hard.... I feel dead weight but then it starts to move and all of a sudden this beast rockets to the surface and jumps a couple feet into the air right beside the boat... Gave me and my GF a Heart attack !

Now im freaking since I got 8lb test mono and a size 4 circle hook in this guys Jaws !

img1307op5.jpg

after what feels like forever I go for the jaws and lift the monster out ( no net of course !! )

img1320kx6.jpg

WOW ! 47 inches !!!!

img1334pu9.jpg

After a couple pics ... I revived the musky until she gave me a splash in the face :) well worth it !

img1336lz0.jpg

Rest of my trip was a blur :) .. Now i need a 50 ++ :)

Edited by cityfisher

Great report/pics and a nice surprise too!!! Musky and dingers/senkos????? Last year the same thing happened

to me while fishing for bass with senko style baits. Maybe this is a new bait for Musky(if only it came in a 10 inch version ??????)

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice Musky!!I was supposed to go up to Haliburton this weekend but cancelled. It looks too far for me! I am now reconsidering!!

One cut on my left hand was from a pike about an hour earlier.. When i went for the Jaw bone on the muskie I got a couple scratches and a nice cut on the other hand. Well worth it !!

Yum dingers !!! a couple pike and the musky on it. No bass touched it !!

Thanks for the comments guys !! I let the beast go with pleasure but got my hooks set DEEP on my women :)lol