Jump to content

bow slayer

picked up my new bass boat

Recommended Posts

lmao holy crap. Interesting they are using a turbo diesel for power. I guess they are probably grabbing small truck engines. When I heard 60psi I was thinking What the literal hell? Then I realized it was a turbo diesel lol.

I wanna know who was the first guy to figure out you can go that fast on one of those hulls. Holy crap it seems scary and dangerous as all hell...probably because it is lol. Absolutely wild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredible. Not a ride I would take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heck I would!! The real question is...where are they getting the loot to build $20k USD boats??? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just you tube these boats. There are many that have tweeked them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here is a little more of the backyard builds racing 

Art

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of the popular sea fleas that were built from Mechanics Illustrated Plans around 1960, we didn't tweak the motors though Build Your Own Boat: POPULAR MECHANICS, March 1965

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG, they are flying. It looks like they have auto kill switch as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Heck I would!! The real question is...where are they getting the loot to build $20k USD boats??? Lol

With a job..just like you or I would?   Thailand has a fairly booming economy. 

 

 

All I know is I want one for hauling duck decoys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Freshtrax said:

With a job..just like you or I would?   Thailand has a fairly booming economy.  

Sounds simple enough. Lol

The average wage in Thailand is around $800CDN per month. So regardless of their economy, I didn’t expect to see $20k USD boats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 6:56 AM, dave524 said:

Reminds me of the popular sea fleas that were built from Mechanics Illustrated Plans around 1960, we didn't tweak the motors though Build Your Own Boat: POPULAR MECHANICS, March 1965

Had one as a kid, they were everywhere on Crow lake back in the 70'80's.  Such a blast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Had one as a kid, they were everywhere on Crow lake back in the 70'80's.  Such a blast.

early 60's here, cable and pulley steering, the throttle you just reached back and twisted the tiller, one speed, flat out 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dave524 said:

early 60's here, cable and pulley steering, the throttle you just reached back and twisted the tiller, one speed, flat out 😀

How did we ever manage without writing a test and getting a Pleasure craft licence?? :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

How did we ever manage without writing a test and getting a Pleasure craft licence?? :D

Still in elementary, probably 12 or 13, can you even get a license that young ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Still in elementary, probably 12 or 13, can you even get a license that young ?

You can now, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My worst fear would be capsizing in that water! I don't imagine it is none too clean? If you survived the impact of the crash, probably come out without your finger and toe nails!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...