Maybe compare the cost of your meds to from there to another.

Media was on yesterday morning discussing how the circle 'paint' hopefully was environmentally friendly. Same stuff used for soccer and football field lines buy hey now is the time to explore this 'crucial' issue. Nothing better to discuss? How about 30 day limits on prescriptions and more dispensing fees as result. How about the $$$$$ saved by government not having to pay pensions and security on now deceased elders. Government knew all along our seniors were going to be targeted by the virus. But our PM will 'discuss' the military's report on Long Term Care facility elder abuse tomorrow with the Premiers. I am so tired of repeatedly hearing "My heart goes out......" "Elders are our first priority..." or best one I have seen yet, where both the Premier and Toronto Mayor each stood there and crowed " Oh proud to be here at the opening of this big Food Bank" trying to skim some kind of credit over it. IMHO needing more food banks simply means our gov't isn't helping those in need enough. They should be made ashamed of this by the media not 'heroed'.

• Like 2

What ever works for yah I guess... LOL I hope has has "back-up"!

HH

upload_2020-6-29_13-4-44.png

Edited by Headhunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did some snooping and seems hospitals are 'pigs to the trough' getting gov't funding to stuff into their Admin pockets. Gov't has somehow been conned into believing that bad training at Long Term care facilities (LTCs) is the big issue...enter hospitals who get paid to retrain the workers.....but this retraining means hiring (they call it redeployment) the  LTC workers to walk around with hospital workers learning what they already know....how to clean. Hospital Admin stuffs the loot into its greedy pockets while not using classrooms to teach but instead have no social distancing as hospital workers train the new hires. Only thing the Admin gives is gloves, masks and uniforms. AND gets $$$$$ for nothing and cheques for free..... as the song goes.

But now the Part-time ranks are swelling with these new part-time hires and this means drastically cut hours for existing Part Time hospital workers. So much for 'championing' front line workers and 'considering' paying them more money for the hazard faced from Covid-19. Part Time workers are earning less take home now.

Meanwhile the 'lack of training' isn't the problem at all. There are three differences as to why hospitals have hardly any Covid-19 outbreaks compared to LTCs. 

1. Relatively lower pay at LTCs which forces workers to go to work sick to pay the bills.

2. No sick day provisions at LTCs so days off sick mean less pay/ability to pay bills. So again, off to work....

3. No union protection at LTCs. Come in sick or maybe get punished.  With Covid-19 you are ordered to take care of the same number of residents but now do way more work due to isolation protocol, sanitizing and increased resident needs. Oh and with scant protective equipment provided by the PRIVATELY owned LTCs who are in it for the $$$ and nothing more. Kinda like 'take your work home with you'. Catching Covid and taking it home to family is a 'bonus' to front line workers. 

Gov't preaches but is either playing or is dumb for real. 

Hospital Admin salaries and bonuses are based on how big their budget grows and how much is not spent at years end since not-for-profit corporations like hospitals can't carry profit into the next fiscal year. $$$$$BONUS time$$$$$!!

Edited by cisco

Update on my last post. Part time workers were working the shifts they were scheduled but some were too scared with coming in when called for more shifts. So hospitals hired way more Part Time workers to compensate for this. This point seems a bit fishy since many of the new hires were from LTC (Long Term Care) and the Ford gov't mentioned they are 'retraining them' with no details. IMHO the gov't considering paying front-line hospital workers more due to risk has been answered by hiring more part-timers instead of paying existing workers more. So I very much doubt more hourly pay is on the horizon for front-line workers. Up to the unions to protect incomes but unions are too close to management and work hard to collect their dues only IMHO.     

Not sure if and how many here care about Covid 'updates' but nice to vent on things explained to me by workers there. Seems the 'reopening' will be based solely on keeping ICU Covid numbers at or below the max.. Numbers are OK now but air travel is starting back up and the US/Cndn border re-opening will no doubt raise numbers again. The US has some serious outbreak states and many may want to get here. Their UI runs out end of month and desperation may interfere with food shipments to Canada. So stock up on things just in case. Big bag of rice....canned/frozen veggies and fruit. Canada has just had its credit score dropped and banks are eager to soon start foreclosing and absorbing assets. The economy cannot recover with so many lost service jobs and businesses restricted by social distancing and employers will surely drop wages as supply/demand offers them workers desperate to work.   

Sounds like hundreds ands hundreds of part time workers were hired to fill in for the part time workers  who were filling in for part time workers.......😂,