Our week at Lakair

Sorry for the delay in getting this up... but I've been working long hours since getting back home.... and just got some time this weekend to upload to photobucket ( OVER 100 pictures) …lol and prepare a post…

We arrived at Lakair Monday afternoon... rained a few times on the way up, but it was dry at Lakair. We got set up and put the boat in the water... said hello to those that were already there and headed out for some fishing... we were right into some pike, but no Walleyes for us that night....

notyetsorted013.jpg

notyetsorted012.jpg

Tuesday morning it was raining again… not a lot, and not for long, but enough to send our little dog scurrying for cover… Lew was right to her rescue, directing her to get under his table.. it was the funniest site…. But from that moment on, Lew became Kea’s (our dog) best friend…she even tried to follow him to breakfast…. lol I had coffee with Lew almost every morning.. It was a pleasure to spend some time with you, Lew… we sure did enjoy your company and can see why you like to get up there early….. I hope the rest of your summer is as enjoyable….

This pic’s for Roy… lol notyetsorted027.jpg

<Crafty Prince>… Graham had arrived while we were out fishing one morning, but we soon became reacquainted and enjoyed his company

notyetsorted033.jpg

We were all headed out that evening for some pike before the walleye hour and Graham offered us to join him in his boat….. Nice ride Graham.. no pike but Graham had the magic lure for Walleye.. he was catching fish after fish… he then offered both Chuck and I a copy of his own designed lure for Walleye.. I took him up on it and soon caught up to him… He said if I caught another walleye, he wanted his lure back…<he was jj> so we left at a tie… lol

Graham had caught the most beautiful Walleye I’ve EVER seen… have a look at the colours on this Walleye….The picture doesn’t do it justice… it was Blue and if you moved it around, it looked purple….

WTG Graham…. notyetsorted019.jpg

notyetsorted020.jpg

The next night we went out for Walleye with Graham again… and I think I was the ONLY one to catch any Walleye.s.. on Graham’s magic lure…. Hehehehe…

notyetsorted040.jpg

but Graham was catching these rock bass and he had to have a talking with them….He wanted Walleyes notyetsorted038.jpg

We’d fish all morning and enjoy the company of others for the afternoon, back out fishing again for the evening bite and sat around campfires enjoying the evenings…It was a great week, nothing ever rushed… Joe, Art and Dawg.. it was great to see you every day for a week and a lot of fun getting to know you all better.. Thanks for coming all that way to visit and fish with our OFC Family

Friday Chris and Kevin put on a fish fry at Tombstone Island not far from the lodge… What a great time that was.. Just about everyone came and enjoyed… here’s a few pic from there, but there’s just too many for me to post them all…

Tombstone Island

notyetsorted076.jpg

Rich Clemens notyetsorted068.jpg

GCDawg notyetsorted075.jpg

I love this shot of Chuck and Kea in the background, looks like there’s an argument going on…lol

notyetsorted063.jpg

Some of the guys notyetsorted050.jpg

Lea and Maureen notyetsorted053.jpg

Ruth and Don’s grandson and what an awesome young man… Thanks for the walleye fillets.. They tasted great.. Great catch. notyetsorted054.jpg

Kevin cooking us up an awesome shore lunch Thanks Kevin...notyetsorted073.jpg

The guys preparing to leave. We’re wondering if that’s where Chris keeps his secret bait… lol notyetsorted072.jpg

Saturday gathering for the pike tourney… here’s a few shots notyetsorted083.jpgnotyetsorted080.jpgnotyetsorted087.jpg

The largest pike caught, winning the trolling motor notyetsorted086.jpgnotyetsorted121.jpg

Another nice fish, but not for the tourney and was life released.. WTG Cliff

notyetsorted078.jpg

Roy.. Great to see you again, as always....

notyetsorted093.jpg

TJ with his $100 dollar fillet knife… You did a great job with that Knife TJ.. thanks a bunch.. I didn’t get ONE bone… notyetsorted096.jpg

Ruth and Don… nice to see you both again notyetsorted097.jpg

Wayne and Lea.. Nice to see you again Wayne, and to finally meet your wife…I really enjoyed Lea’s company… an awesome lady. notyetsorted099.jpg

Saturday night several of us gathered around Joey and Paul’s campfire.. Cliff started the evening off with some awesome tunes and a couple others’s soon joined in… I really enjoyed listening to the entertainment that night… Thanks guys…

notyetsorted134.jpg

The whole week was just amazing….We loved every minute of it… everyday someone would arrive and you had the opportunity to spend a little more time with each….I took over a hundred pictures and can’t possibly post them all…

Here’s the link to the rest.. Have a look, there may be a picture you’d like to have… if you want the full resolution picture, then please send me a pm and I’d be glade to send it to you….. http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e236/Lad.../Lakair%202007/

Thanks again to Kevin, Leslie and staff for an awesome place to spend a holiday.. See you in the fall..

Thank you to all the OFC family for the internet home where we can all keep in touch, make new friends and share awesome times like this….

Thank you for all your help this morning Roy... I sure was starting to loose my head... :wallbash:

Shelley and Chuck.

Ps.. For those that know us and of Chuck’s accident… Chuck returned to work on Light Duties last Tuesday… :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Edited by LadyWalleye

One lousy beer and I got caught by the camera. I knew that one was coming. Great to meet you folks this year and I'm already laying the plans for coming back next year.

Give my best to Chuck as he returns to work. Hope everything goes well.

Great pictures Shelly, thanks for taking the time to post them all...glad you had a good time, it was good to see you again. The only hard part about that week is trying to get in a good visit with everyone.

Maureen

Great Report Shelly !!!

But for the life of me I still can't figure out what the heck it was I lookin for......

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cheers !!!

Chris,did you find what you where looking for :D Shelly,great report,try not to work so many hrs girl.

Chuck,dtake it easy big guy :P

I think we all know what Chris was looking for, the question is was he pretending to be Capt. Kirk or Spock ? lol

Great report guys, it was a blast spending a few days with you !

I think I was pretending to be Capt. Hooked :w00t:

Thanks everyone.. glad you enjoyed it...

Bean's, your very welcome.... take all you like... thats why I posted the link.... :D

Joey, we were hoping to see you 2 open your eyes before we left, but we do understand... Being Chucks bday, we just wanted to get home early, unpack and enjoy the rest of the day... and with that heat.. we were really glad we did....

Had a great time with you guys again. Those evening walleye trips are always fun .... especially fighting off the mosquitoes. Tyler says thank's for the pics ... he's started an album of his fishing trips.

Graham didn't have to talk to the rockbass .... Ruth already warned him earlier. lol

Enjoyed those fillets you cooked up .... now we have a replacement for TJQ if he can't make the pike tourney due to other commitments ... ballet dancing, etc.

Tuesday morning it was raining again… not a lot, and not for long, but enough to send our little dog scurrying for cover… Lew was right to her rescue, directing her to get under his table.. it was the funniest site…. But from that moment on, Lew became Kea’s (our dog) best friend…she even tried to follow him to breakfast…. lol I had coffee with Lew almost every morning.. It was a pleasure to spend some time with you, Lew… we sure did enjoy your company and can see why you like to get up there early….. I hope the rest of your summer is as enjoyable….

Shelly, it's always good spending time with you guys and especially nice having someone to share a coffee with before the sun comes up.

Kea's darned near as cute as Marvin and is welcome to my extra pork chops anytime. Don't worry about the dog bites on my hand though, I've reconsidered the lawsuit :stretcher::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

I'll see the 3 of youz next year !!