AND THE WINNER IS..................

capt_hooked

I am proud to annouce that Doug with a big "G" won the TV - at last nite's dinner (thank you Joe and Mule!) to raise funds for our walleye stocking efforts.

Congrats DougG... its in the back of DEG's van as we speak .... heading south.. special delivery!

Thankyou to everyone who generously donated to our walleye stocking program.

Our program can only continue with the help of our volunteers who give a couple hours of their time each Sunday afternoon (and sometimes a few extra days here and there) and funding, which is mostly provided by private donations and from local groups such as the Noelville Rod and Gun Club.. much appreciated. Unfortunately, this year, no funds were available from the MNR out of North Bay.

In 2006, our group (Vacation Land 64 Walleye Hatchery and the South Shore Associatin) suscessfully released 78,000 fingerings into Lake Nipissing. In additon we are experimenting with raising fall fingerlings (up to 7-inches) in the hope that we can tag these larger fall fish in order to gain valuable information in coming years as these fish mature and are recaptured by anglers.

Guest mistyriver1

Congrats douG.

Kevin, continued great work on your walleye progam :thumbsup_anim: , looking forward to seeing you in August. Ben will probably bring up the "mini gator" to get our ice each morning again.

Jim

Yes Kevin, you and your boys are really making a great effort to help the walleye fishery on Lake Nipissing. Good on ya.

As for Doug winning the TV, I'm not sure the right guy won. Knowing Doug, he'll probably only use the parts to make a high definition toaster or something.

What happened to my bribe I gave you Kevin???? O well at least it will help get DouG out of the doghouse for running away to see all of us at Lak Air. Thanks again for the time and the effort you and all of the volunteers put in the Walleye program.

Art

Thanks everybody. I sure was surprised to hear from Kevin with the news! Deg has it now, and we are arranging dropoff tomorrow eve. I'll let everyone know how it works out!

I think Art has it right. The RLG was impressed with the fact I actually caught fish for the derby, and even more impressed when I told her the news of the TV.

Congradulations ya Dog.... oops, I mean DouGGGG....lol

Kevin, Chuck sure did enjoy going to see that Walleye pond.. Sure is an awesome thing you and the other's are doing up there....and thanks again for a wonderful place to spend a week....

Shelley and Chuck

PS... don't be pickin on Digger when we're back up there... Kea will be watching YOU.... lol

HEY...I was s'posed to win that !!!

Damn that Kevin...I betcha he told everyone that to sell the tickets...

Oh well, enjoy douG...sure will be better to watch the Blue Jays in HD than listening to the broadcast from Sudbury on the radio...