Who's Ready for Ice Fishing?

jimmer

People go ice fishing because the dam lakes freeze over not because you need ice to catch fish. lol Year round open water suits me fine. I lived north of "Buried", Ont for years and just don't miss the long winters.

Not accurate. I can't downrig for Lake Trout over the summer out of a kayak.

Plus what drifter said. Every spot on every lake is fair game in winter. I look forward to it because my species Target changes.

I have a Frabill Magnum 2 person tow behind that I'm going to put skis on as well. I have an old pair of downhill skis that I'll cut down and mount to the bottom. I don't think I'll lift it as much as in the pic shown but maybe 2-3" max.

I also bought a new skidoo and trailer this year.

Other than that I have some repair work to do to my auger and maybe a new battery for my 6 yr old Hummingbird flasher.

Can't wait for the snow and ice season.

I have a Frabill Magnum 2 person tow behind that I'm going to put skis on as well. I have an old pair of downhill skis that I'll cut down and mount to the bottom. I don't think I'll lift it as much as in the pic shown but maybe 2-3" max.

I also bought a new skidoo and trailer this year.

Other than that I have some repair work to do to my auger and maybe a new battery for my 6 yr old Hummingbird flasher.

Can't wait for the snow and ice season.

Matt, if you're dragging it behind your sled no need to lift it at all.

Make sure to put some UHMW runners on it though to protect the tub from sharp ice.

Matt, if you're dragging it behind your sled no need to lift it at all.

Make sure to put some UHMW runners on it though to protect the tub from sharp ice.

Here is my hut behind my Safari, I found the angle of the bar caused the bar to pinch on the top rim of the hut. My new sled will sit higher at the hitch making the problem worse. If I lift it 2-3" then I won't have that problem (as much).

Always gotta tinker with something lol

20150131_121323 - Copy.jpg

The lakes can't freeze soon enough for me.

S.

X2. Was shown a new to me spot towards the end of the ice season on Simcoe last winter. Just killed perch and mostly all good sized ones...very few throwbacks. Can't wait to see what it's like during the first half of the season.

Always have enjoyed and looked forward to the ice season. This coming season even more.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

X2. Was shown a new to me spot towards the end of the ice season on Simcoe last winter. Just killed perch and mostly all good sized ones...very few throwbacks. Can't wait to see what it's like during the first half of the season.

Always have enjoyed and looked forward to the ice season. This coming season even more.

We are long over due for an ice fish bud. Lets get 'er done this year!

S.

Well with the graphs showing all my rivers up here blown, I took advantage of getting ready.

Made a ply wood retainer this year for the sand bags. 200 pounds per side. Man that truck rides so smooth with this weight.

The hut and smitty fit nice. Enough room for the auger beside it and my 2 milk crates. Fits like a glove.The 5X ELITE is back in it,s ice bag as well.

Yes way to early, lots of steel heading to be done still, but Im ready. :Gonefishing::canadian:

h6UFX9l.jpg

3odwGxo.jpg?1

Euv7ngR.jpg?1

P0marxg.jpg