Seeking Life & Lake Trout at the Arctic Circle.

Moosebunk

We traveled north to an old, cozy and comfortable fishing lodge just a few miles south of the Arctic Circle. Some of Canada's final frontier, at a secluded area on immense Great Bear Lake, Brenda and I were left for a week to fish and explore each day on our own. The land and sea, the wild life and the incredible numbers of lake trout, it is a trip any angler and outdoors man or woman will find interesting. Plenty of pictures to view, each big fish, beast and moment is captured here in this one.

A link to read on if you like...

217_zps22qv0z6i.jpg?w=1080

422_zpslobem3lz.jpg?w=1080

713_zpsthpdymii.jpg?w=1080

Thanks for reading...

Bunk.

"Doug told me the story about selling his two insanely wild dogs while he had them on valium. No one in their right mind would take them off his hands otherwise. Poor new owners were in for such a surprise when those dogs came out of it."

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Wow

and damn you

each time I read one of your reports. (short stories) I add another location to my bucket list

I'm running out of time to complete the list and you're making it much longer

lol

Edited by Terry

Once again, living vicariously through Mr. and Mrs. Bunk's adventures. I've seen smaller German Shepherds than those Lakers. Thank you, again.

I think you may have lost a few with the Jonathan Wick, Game of Thrones comment. I quit counting his victims at 50 just 10 minutes into John Wick 2.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Unreal Drew. One day, one day!!!

There may be another day Bill. And this lodge is all about group bookings. ;)

"Doug told me the story about selling his two insanely wild dogs while he had them on valium. No one in their right mind would take them off his hands otherwise. Poor new owners were in for such a surprise when those dogs came out of it."

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

After a great meal and some thick whiskeys, that was quite the story Doug told us. A highlight for sure.

Wow

and damn you

each time I read one of your reports. (short stories) I add another location to my bucket list

I'm running out of time to complete the list and you're making it much longer

See above what was said to Bill. ;) You've got a buddy or two to pair up with, AirMiles, etc... the bucket needs emptying my friend, maybe I could help. :w00t:

Once again, living vicariously through Mr. and Mrs. Bunk's adventures. I've seen smaller German Shepherds than those Lakers. Thank you, again.

I think you may have lost a few with the Jonathan Wick, Game of Thrones comment. I quit counting his victims at 50 just 10 minutes into John Wick 2.

Thanks John. When I wrote that line and read it afterwards it got me thinking... there are actually two main character peckerless guys in GOT... and also a whole army of Unsullied. Readers in fact could get lost having to research who exactly I was talking about.

Thanks for dropping in at the site guys and reading. Was worried with PhotoBucket that the changes would have me down and out for a long time rebuilding, and come Dec 31, 2018 it's gonna be rough the amount of work which may have to be done to switch all the photos of every report out, after finding a different provider. One thing is for certain, the choice that had been made to start the site was well and for good reason when I did it. Having everything all there now makes any changes ahead that less worrisome. At least it can be salvaged if need be. Because if and once the PB account closes, everything at this site and every other site is lost really... and that thought rather sucks. It's always been a fun hobby to me and for so many years a part my entire fishing process, but it's also alotta work and life, and nothing that needs to fade away just yet. Folks at this site and others, supporting these stories over the years, have genuinely helped the drive to fish more and better, and with that has come some great happiness and experiences. So thanks again all, for that. As long as there is an OFC to visit and post to, I will.

Wow Drew, another adventure of a lifetime, wait until your kids are older and want to tag along. The memories will be even better!

The rock formations have a real vertical striation to them like the lake was at one time the centre of the mountain. In central Ontario they are almost always on an angle indicating that the rock formation is out from the centre of the mountain or volcanic activity when they were formed.

Thanks for sharing your latest adventure bud!

Wow. Due to a shortage of time this am I didn't get the chance to grab a paper to read at lunch. Bunk to the rescue lol

I would consider myself well read and your reports stack up to some of my favourites Bunk.

You have a way w words and photos but yet still impart wisdom throughout.

Really enjoyed it and thanks for taking the time to post a report. Can't be easy I am sure

Cheers

Gordy

Mondays lunch break ,open thread knowing it,s going to be a long long read, but it is always worth it. Start to chow down. Get 1/2 way reading, scroll through some pics just to see fish, and the buzzer goes. Tuesdays lunch break, I read more, scroll more pics. Buzzer goes off and Im almost finished. Damit I say ,whats an extra 10 minutes. I have my own hide away. I finish the read .

You never disappoint Drew. You and Bren, bring ,LIFE,THE NATURE, THE LOVE ,of this country, to, LIFE.

While reading and scrolling though, I was really looking forward to seeing some grayling on a fly, report.

Dont get me wrong here, I loved it, but I can catch lakers here in Ontario, but the gray, well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, LOL

Thanks again Drew & Bren for a great report.

We all know behind a good man, is a great woman to support him. :canadian:

Edited by Misfish

Thanks fellas!

For some reason, reading the replies just now I got thinking of Joey. Maybe it was the falcon pic.. I know this time of year she'd have some bird pics and some photos of the gang on their annual trip....

Wow Drew, another adventure of a lifetime, wait until your kids are older and want to tag along. The memories will be even better!

The rock formations have a real vertical striation to them like the lake was at one time the centre of the mountain. In central Ontario they are almost always on an angle indicating that the rock formation is out from the centre of the mountain or volcanic activity when they were formed.

Bear, Slave & Athabasca were all one lake once. Lake McConnell believe it was. This cliffs in this area of Bear reminded me of parts of Slave and in other parts where it was a little more flat with some sand, it was like what I had seen on Athabasca. For what I know of Bear through photos, others and seeing some more of it as well, this part of the lake has to be the most beautiful because of the elevations, cliffs, hills and such. Around every corner, especially boating in from the big water to the furthest back bays, it changed some on route and was possibly the most interesting area I have fished lakers in the north.

Wow. Due to a shortage of time this am I didn't get the chance to grab a paper to read at lunch. Bunk to the rescue lol
I would consider myself well read and your reports stack up to some of my favourites Bunk.
You have a way w words and photos but yet still impart wisdom throughout.
Really enjoyed it and thanks for taking the time to post a report. Can't be easy I am sure

After trips like this Gord there's usually a few days of down time taken at home. Think it was said elsewhere, that this is just part of a fishing process. It's time consuming sure, can be work, but it's enjoyed and kinda necessary. Thank you for forgetting to grab the paper and the thoughtful response posted here.

..... We all know behind a good man, is a great woman to support him. :canadian:

Gotchya back over at the site Brian. Thanks for that dood! I'm soooooo screwed now that Brenda's getting more into it. Doubles the cost eh! And, she cuts into half the catch. Sheeesh!

Grayling are pretty cool... but not as cool than the thought and chase for 40-50-60+ pound lakers. ;)