Here we go again!

Headhunter

Well that was quite the light show last night here in Scarborough! As I was watching it from the upstairs bedroom, I noticed that my upper eaves was pouring over onto the lower eaves, so guess who's gonna be on his roof in an hour? Waiting for it to dry a bit before I make the climb.

Looks like we have yet another afternoon with potential storms. Oh, and I had to take a full three inches of water out of my pool this morning! Can't believe how much rain we've had of late!

HH

Had some lightning hit really close to the house yesterday, scared the crap out of the gf and lit up the entire living room, lol.

When I lived in Grand Valley in the 90's I was sitting in the livingroom watching TV when lightning hit the TV antenna!!!!

That's about as close as you want to get. It blew up all of our phones, surround sound system, 2 garage door openers as well as some computer equipment and other items.

It blew an aluminium disk off the top of the antenna (it was one of those round plastic ones). The disk landed in the back yard and there was a hole burned through it that was only 1/16" in diameter. A fraction of a second before the strike you could hear a loud buzz as the connection was being made and then flash, bang!!! At the same time.

Was pretty wild!!!

I for some reason had a sudden burst of energy yesterday and was about to cut the grass. I said to myself it's going to rain and it's going to grow back anyway so it would be a waste of the new found energy so I went to the driving range. Last year my wife cut the lawn a total of 5 times, my wife has already cut it 5 times by June 1st. We usually have 5 different types of green weeds not grass, this year knowing how much she loves cutting it I gave it a good spread of Scotts something or other as seen on TV. There is 95% real grass this year. I hope she enjoys her lawn.

edit: so not to prove I'm a lazy ess so bee last Fall I bought her a brand spankin new lawnmower. I told her I would service it, sharpen the blade and keep it gassed up. For Xmas I bought her a new Ryobi 18V weed whacker. She loved it and I was told don't even think about using it. She cleans it and the lawnmower after every time she uses it, straight goods.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I for some reason had a sudden burst of energy yesterday and was about to cut the grass. I said to myself it's going to rain and it's going to grow back anyway so it would be a waste of the new found energy so I went to the driving range. Last year my wife cut the lawn a total of 5 times, my wife has already cut it 5 times by June 1st. We usually have 5 different types of green weeds not grass, this year knowing how much she loves cutting it I gave it a good spread of Scotts something or other as seen on TV. There is 95% real grass this year. I hope she enjoys her lawn.

edit: so not to prove I'm a lazy ess so bee last Fall I bought her a brand spankin new lawnmower. I told her I would service it, sharpen the blade and keep it gassed up. For Xmas I bought her a new Ryobi 18V weed whacker. She loved it and I was told don't even think about using it. She cleans it and the lawnmower after every time she uses it, straight goods.

Hahaha im in the same "boat". I actually enjoy keeping up the lawn but the wife loves it more. Since my injury I've bought her a new lawn mower and just got a new weed eater yesterday.

We cut our lawn maybe 8 times last year. We're already at 5 times now, and 6 after today. It's finally cool out so it's a good day to do it.

My neighbors drive me nuts though. Dood mows like every 3rd day no matter what, so our lawñ always looks long lol

My east neighbour measures each blade of grass, she says 3" for fescue is perfect, Jim on the other side cuts it once a month if it needs it. I've seen him lop off dandelions with a weed whacker rather that cut it all. I like that idea. Once his wife gets P'd enough she hires the guy for 25 bucks while Jim sits on the deck looking over the lake reading a book with his ear buds on. I love that.

Pouring again all night and AM. Sunny and cool now. Calling for rain until Thursday, oh my.